7/12 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
Trey is striking out at an Hawkins-esque rate. Still young, but definitely some serious flaws he needs to fix.

I notice that too, but he's a guy who can hit at a high average and has might have the best contact skills in the farm but that should be something that comes down with experience. I like comparing his stats to Corey Seager of the Dodgers at this time last year and I think that he is doing better.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 03:54 AM)
I notice that too, but he's a guy who can hit at a high average and has might have the best contact skills in the farm but that should be something that comes down with experience. I like comparing his stats to Corey Seager of the Dodgers at this time last year and I think that he is doing better.

At the same age/level (19, single-A):

Seager- .309/.389/.529, 10.9 BB%/18.6 K%, .220 ISO, .353 BABIP

Trey- .297/.379/.477, 10.2 BB%/27.9 K%, .180 ISO, .407 BABIP

It's not close between the two. Trey's numbers are nice, Seager's are elite.

Trey may be hitting near .300 but he's not making good contact. I really have no idea how you could consider him to have the best contact skills in the system.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 10:41 PM)
At the same age/level (19, single-A):

Seager- .309/.389/.529, 10.9 BB%/18.6 K%, .220 ISO, .353 BABIP

Trey- .297/.379/.477, 10.2 BB%/27.9 K%, .180 ISO, .407 BABIP

It's not close between the two. Trey's numbers are nice, Seager's are elite.

Trey may be hitting near .300 but he's not making good contact. I really have no idea how you could consider him to have the best contact skills in the system.

I was talking about the lower level guys, but I think that Trey has the best combination of contact and power skills in the system, who's better?

And there was a good period where Seager struggled in his first full season., I still think that the two are comparable.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 08:54 PM)

Just curious, Josh, but why are you comparing Trey to Corey Seager?

How big of prospects are Wheeler, Guerrero, and Mitchell:

Wheeler: 3.38 ERA, 78K is 64IP

Guerrero: 6-0, 2.95 ERA, 46K in 42IP

Mitchell: 3-2, 5.25 ERA, 64K in 48IP

All key pieces to Kanny's near firstplace team and bullpen, take notice Ken and Rick, champs have fully rounded teams and an actual 'pen...not some clusterf*** valued at s***

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 08:09 AM)
How big of prospects are Wheeler, Guerrero, and Mitchell:

Wheeler: 3.38 ERA, 78K is 64IP

Guerrero: 6-0, 2.95 ERA, 46K in 42IP

Mitchell: 3-2, 5.25 ERA, 64K in 48IP

All key pieces to Kanny's near firstplace team and bullpen, take notice Ken and Rick, champs have fully rounded teams and an actual 'pen...not some clusterf*** valued at s***

Wheeler and Guerrero are interesting. Mitchell is too but look at his walks.

And why do people still seem to forget that the heart of the White Sox pen was taken out early on with the two most likely closer candidates, Jones and Lindstrom, going down early? Few bullpens in baseball could take that without struggling.