Chien-Ming Wang to the Sox

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 10:04 AM)
why is this an important topic? lol

If he opted out of a contract and signed one with the White Sox, they likely intimated that they will very likely promote him to the majors at some point in time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 03:01 PM)
This tells me that the Sox are looking at dealing a starting pitcher at the deadline.
Gotta be Danks. Only other candidate who could bring anything back would be Quintana (Sale's not going anywhere), and I doubt they'd trade him for anything other that completely gutting some team's top prospect list.

He's just more minor league fodder. He wasn't getting called up so he moved on. The guy got lit up by the 2013 White Sox. That's pretty much all you need to know. I doubt they told him he would be in the rotation. But the minor league depth is so bad, he's one injury from being back in the show.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 03:36 PM)
Remember when Wang faced R.A. Dickey? That was awesome.

I remember when the Blue Jays had Wang, Dickey and Johnson all in the same rotation. :lol:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
This tells me that the Sox are looking at dealing a starting pitcher at the deadline.

This tells me that the White Sox were at the end of trying with one of their other AAA options, and look, Rodriguez was released.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 09:15 PM)
This tells me that the White Sox were at the end of trying with one of their other AAA options, and look, Rodriguez was released.

I also can't see Wang being signed to mean anything about future trades involving one of our major league starters. Building up potential internal options is all

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 11:47 AM)
I also can't see Wang being signed to mean anything about future trades involving one of our major league starters. Building up potential internal options is all

I agree; I think this has absolutely zero correlation to a potential trade of a major league arm.