ALL-STAR GAME THREAD 7/15: NL @ AL

cabiness42

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 10:22 PM)
And bed time.

Also, in a game that decides home field in the WORLD SERIES, Adam Wainwright just admitted he gave Jeter a cookie that he turned into a double. f*** this.

Adam Wainright is full of s***. He claims he gave Jeter a cookie on purpose but then says if he knew he was going to hit a double he would have changed his mind.

Whatever is the truth, he should be fined/suspended for his comments.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 08:22 PM)
And bed time.

Also, in a game that decides home field in the WORLD SERIES, Adam Wainwright just admitted he gave Jeter a cookie that he turned into a double. f*** this.

I must say, I was thinking it was all too coincidental that Jeter happened to get the one pitch that he has always been able to handle.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 10:27 PM)
Did he intentionally throw a meatball to Cabrera too? Either way, he's full of s***.

The replay they showed it wasn't a meatball but a fastball to hit.

Ya the Miggy one wasn't. Miggy is just Miggy

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 10:28 PM)
I must say, I was thinking it was all too coincidental that Jeter happened to get the one pitch that he has always been able to handle.

His comments don't make sense. He claims he threw Jeter a cookie on purpose because he thought he deserved it. If that was the case, why would he publicly admit it? That's not doing Jeter any favors. Then he adds that if he knew he would hit a double he would've changed his mind. So he has so much respect for Jeter that he throws him a cookie but is then surprised that jeter is able to hit it? LOL!

He's just disrespecting Jeter with his comments.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 10:51 PM)
Fox ever make a mention of Tony Gwynn or Don Zimmer?

It would have been a nice touch if they mentioned Gwynn. He led off the ASG in Minnesota in 1985.

And Zimmer too.

It didn't have to be a downer thing, and it wouldn't have taken long.

I have zero problem with Wainwright grooving a pitch to Jeter. The problem is that the All-Star Game shouldn't count. You can't have it both ways. Every team must be represented and 40-year old Derek Jeter can lead off, but game 7 of the WS is on the line. That's silly. An All-Star game should be about the top players and stars being honored, having some fun and showing off their skills to the fans. Just like the other major sports do it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 06:30 AM)
I have zero problem with Wainwright grooving a pitch to Jeter. The problem is that the All-Star Game shouldn't count. You can't have it both ways. Every team must be represented and 40-year old Derek Jeter can lead off, but game 7 of the WS is on the line. That's silly. An All-Star game should be about the top players and stars being honored, having some fun and showing off their skills to the fans. Just like the other major sports do it.

I agree with you for the most part, but IMO, the MLB ASG is the only all star game i actually tune into. I think these guys actually try at least a little bit for the most part unlike the horrid NFL and NBA all-star games where these guys are basically practicing on live tv. I think they should implement some type of system to keep the AL vs NL relevant like whichever league wins get the next year's ASG at one of their parks, something to keep the game at least a bit interesting, but yea the WS shouldn't be in play in something so irrelevant to it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 06:30 AM)
I have zero problem with Wainwright grooving a pitch to Jeter. The problem is that the All-Star Game shouldn't count.

Exactly. I still don't get why it was a big deal that the game in Miller Park tied, anyway. I miss when they used to "goof around" and have fun during the All-Star Game.

The NHL and NBA do All-Star festivities right. Also, MLB needs to find something other than this conventional HR derby. Did anyone sit through that 4 hours?