Brady Aiken DID NOT SIGN

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 04:18 PM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 1m

Team officials guesstimated this week that if Brady Aiken was a free agent, he'd get something in the range of $30m-$40m. What a system.

This is true of every draft system. Imagine what guys like LeBron, Durant, Griffin, etc. would have gone for on the open market when they were draft eligible.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 1m

Team officials guesstimated this week that if Brady Aiken was a free agent, he'd get something in the range of $30m-$40m. What a system.

I wonder if he would really get that much money. If I were the Sox, I'd go in the 15-20M range no problem. Of course, I even question whether teams would do that as you might set a pretty poor precedent to the other players in the organization who were unable to get around those rules. If you look at what Loux signed for when he was a FA, it wasn't huge money, something like $300K when he was a 1st round pick.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 04:26 PM)
Evan Drellich ‏@EvanDrellich 53s

“We tried to engage Casey Close three times today … there was no interest” — GM Jeff Luhnow tells the Chronicle

Reply 3 Retweet Favorite

Lol, people tend to be less receptive to negotiation when you try to f*** them over.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 02:26 PM)
Evan Drellich ‏@EvanDrellich 53s

“We tried to engage Casey Close three times today … there was no interest” — GM Jeff Luhnow tells the Chronicle

Reply 3 Retweet Favorite

Um. Idiot. Here come the fines.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)
What could be really interesting is if there is a grievance filed on behalf of Nix, the Astros lose, and they lose their #1 pick next year.

That would be amazing. It's also going to be really interesting to see how agents deal with the Astros going forward. They are going to have zero credibility at the table.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 03:34 PM)
Ha, I didn't even think of how this could screw over the Cubs. Awesome.

Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler 14m

Downstream, this hurts teams like the Cubs, Rangers, and others in the mix for a top five pick next year. Everyone gets bumped down.

Can you think of another team probably in the mix for a top five pick that this hurts?