Market for our relievers

The Royals look like they picked up a solid RP in former Sox player (and Chicagoan IIRC) Jason Frasor. I'm not sure what this means for us but I imagine the value of a Belisario or something is probably a lot closer to what the Rangers received for Frasor than what the Pirates got from the Marlins earlier this year (comp balance draft pick).

The question is, is there even a market for ANY of our relievers? I would hope so but to me it doesn't look that way.

What is the market for Putnam and do we even consider trading him for that price? Do we consider trading Petricka for anything less than a haul given how atrocious our pen is? Could we get anyone with a pulse for Belisario?

Not really. Frasor has a better track record than any of them, I'd imagine. I'd also believe that Putnam is being looked at as a fluke (rightly or wrongly) and Petricka has a half year of successful relieving.

I don't think Belisario would get you s*** beyond a flier A ball prospect.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 07:23 PM)
The Royals look like they picked up a solid RP in former Sox player (and Chicagoan IIRC) Jason Frasor. I'm not sure what this means for us but I imagine the value of a Belisario or something is probably a lot closer to what the Rangers received for Frasor than what the Pirates got from the Marlins earlier this year (comp balance draft pick).

The question is, is there even a market for ANY of our relievers? I would hope so but to me it doesn't look that way.

What is the market for Putnam and do we even consider trading him for that price? Do we consider trading Petricka for anything less than a haul given how atrocious our pen is? Could we get anyone with a pulse for Belisario?

I think you're looking at this wrong...we need to consider trading anyone for certain types of players except for Sale/Q/Abreu/Eaton/Garcia. We say we'll listen to anything on anyone except for these guys, but this is the type of player we need to get back.

I just don't think we have a whole lot that people will call on outside of those guys with the exception of Alexei.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 09:58 PM)
Not really. Frasor has a better track record than any of them, I'd imagine. I'd also believe that Putnam is being looked at as a fluke (rightly or wrongly) and Petricka has a half year of successful relieving.

I don't think Belisario would get you s*** beyond a flier A ball prospect.

Belisario would get you a kick in the nuts. Take it or leave it.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 09:23 PM)

You're a reasonable person. If you are running a major league team, which White Sox relievers do you want pitching for you in a pennant race?

Petricka, Putnam, maybe. But would you be willing to give up anything to make it worthwhile to Hahn to move his only effective bullpen arms who also happen to be making minimum?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)
We need every remotely decent RP arm we can get at this point. Given the returns wouldn't be big anyway, I think we should hoard rather than trade.

I'd be seeing what the highest bidder on Putnam is and selling. He screams one year wonder to me.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 09:23 PM)

Belisario comp is reasonable....he actually has better numbers this year than Frasor

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 10:31 AM)
I'd be seeing what the highest bidder on Putnam is and selling. He screams one year wonder to me.

The only two guys in the pen I'd be hesitant to trade are Petricka and Webb and that is mostly because I think the returns they would bring back would be less than their value to the Sox. Guerra, Belisario, and Putnam should all be on the block.