Moises Sierra's Dugout Antics

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 11:25 AM)
Far better than Moises Alou's dugout antics.

I always wanted to hear about a late-inning situation where he didn't have enough "hand-cream". Would he freak out and demand to borrow somebody else's hand cream?

Gillaspie: Excuse me, I need to get my cap.

Sierra: You have to pay the toll first.

Gillaspie: What's the toll?

Sierra: One hug.

Gillaspie: ...

Gillaspie: /heavy sigh

Sierra: /hugs

Sierra: You smell nice.

Gillaspie: I hate you.

Sierra: But I like you.

:lol:

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 09:57 AM)
That's awesome. I'm not sure Gillaspie likes anyone. Always looks like he's plotting to murder someone.

Which is why I always call him Dexter besides the physical similarities also to the famous TV sociopath. I thought it was a pretty good nickname for him but alas I've never seen anyone repeat it or even acknowledge it in anyway.

But I have seen Sweet Swingin' Conor Gillaspie used so I'm 1 for 2 in Conorisms.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

In the two clips respectively. where Viciedo and then Abreu walk in a comical manner, my guess is that they are imitating Sierra. I've noticed how funny his gate is.

My interpretation of the whole "schtick" is that the players either know, think, or suspect that Sierra is gay, or at least like to tease him about acting as though he is.

Moises is so over the top about being openly affectionate toward the other players, and they appear to be giving him a little "taste of his own medicine". In any case, I don't think that they are dancing. They are mocking his manner of walking.

I have no idea how much of the whole thing is just "tongue and cheek", or based upon something real, but it appears to be particularly prevalent with the Latin players on the team. I think it's hilarious, and they seem to be having a lot of fun with it.

I have been living in Costa Rica for the last 25 years, and the culture there is much less "politically correct". "Ticos" openly tease one another about such things. I know that such behavior would be frowned upon in the U. S., but not in Latin America.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 03:49 PM)
In the two clips respectively. where Viciedo and then Abreu walk in a comical manner, my guess is that they are imitating Sierra. I've noticed how funny his gate is.

My interpretation of the whole "schtick" is that the players either know, think, or suspect that Sierra is gay, or at least like to tease him about acting as though he is.

Moises is so over the top about being openly affectionate toward the other players, and they appear to be giving him a little "taste of his own medicine". In any case, I don't think that they are dancing. They are mocking his manner of walking.

I have no idea how much of the whole thing is just "tongue and cheek", or based upon something real, but it appears to be particularly prevalent with the Latin players on the team. I think it's hilarious, and they seem to be having a lot of fun with it.

I have been living in Costa Rica for the last 25 years, and the culture there is much less "politically correct". "Ticos" openly tease one another about such things. I know that such behavior would be frowned upon in the U. S., but not in Latin America.

Lol, what?

Somebody has to make the showers fun

Maybe a slight bit of over analysis.

There is some video of Sierra putting a towel over Abreu and then fanning him while they were in Toronto as well.

Also video of Avi doing the same thing.

I'm thinking it's a running joke amongst the Latin players (or at least a microcosm of them) about what a beast Abreu is. They probably like to prod at him because he's so modest. Who wouldn't?

Edited by Pale Sox

I see a guy trying his best to keep the team loose while having some fun. I think its great Sierra shows some love for his teammates and outside of Connor everyone else looks like they enjoy it. That's about as far as I'm willing to read into it. I'm glad he's apart of this team.