Orioles looking to add SP

southsider2k5

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 11:17 AM)
Not really seeing a good match.....I think the Sox should/will be targeting near MLB ready prospects and the O's don't really have any of that.

Yeah I agree. They are too top heavy with pitching with Gaussman, Bundy, and Harvey but after that its pretty bleu

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 12:00 PM)
Wieters is a free agent after next season and will probably want a big payday. I know he's out for the year, but I wonder if we could get him via trade and try to extend him.

matt wieters is alot like flowers

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 12:00 PM)
Wieters is a free agent after next season and will probably want a big payday. I know he's out for the year, but I wonder if we could get him via trade and try to extend him.

I'd love to add Wieters.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 12:02 PM)
Danks for Chance Sisco (minor league catcher) and another prospect or two. But I would love to build a deal around Sisco.

I can see this. Get one or two pitchers. Tyler Wilson comes to mind. 24 and putting decent numbers up in AAA, could be close to the show.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 12:06 PM)
matt wieters is alot like flowers

Wieters is a much better player than Flowers and much more talented. He's also represented by Scott Boras, which means the extension would b e a 1 year deal or a huge multi year contract. There's no trade value there and the O's have no reason to try and trade him if they'd like to keep him.