Orioles looking to add SP

southsider2k5

I just spent a hour looking up Cisco and he has a lot of fans out there, he puts up big numbers and although he transitioned to playing catcher during his senior year of high school after playing shortstop exclusively he has advanced skills behind the plate for someone his age.

If I were Rick Hahn and engaging with Baltimore in trade talks, I would do everything in my power to get back Hunter Harvey or Kevin Gausmann, but for the sake of this trade lets try to get Hunter Harvey because he's 19 and its going to be a while before he reaches the bigs. I would send them Danks, and Beckham for both Sisco and Harvey.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 01:42 AM)
I just spent a hour looking up Cisco and he has a lot of fans out there, he puts up big numbers and although he transitioned to playing catcher during his senior year of high school after playing shortstop exclusively he has advanced skills behind the plate for someone his age.

If I were Rick Hahn and engaging with Baltimore in trade talks, I would do everything in my power to get back Hunter Harvey or Kevin Gausmann, but for the sake of this trade lets try to get Hunter Harvey because he's 19 and its going to be a while before he reaches the bigs. I would send them Danks, and Beckham for both Sisco and Harvey.

They wouldn't give up Harvey for Danks and Beckham. Also, Keith Law had this to say about Sisco

Kevin (Baltimore)

Did any other Orioles come close to cracking your list? Also, have you seen Chance Sisco recently? His numbers have been ridiculous.

Klaw (2:28 PM)

No, although Rodriguez would be on the top 100 again. Saw Sisco a few weeks ago. He can't catch. No idea where they'll put him.

Edited by fathom

Christian Walker is also an interesting name from the Orioles organization. Not the "toolsy" type with a huge ceiling, but he's done nothing but hit since his days of winning 2 CWS at South Carolina. .301/.367/.516 with 20 HR's in AA so far this year and just got called up to AAA.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 08:44 PM)
They wouldn't give up Harvey for Danks and Beckham. Also, Keith Law had this to say about Sisco

Kevin (Baltimore)

Did any other Orioles come close to cracking your list? Also, have you seen Chance Sisco recently? His numbers have been ridiculous.

Klaw (2:28 PM)

No, although Rodriguez would be on the top 100 again. Saw Sisco a few weeks ago. He can't catch. No idea where they'll put him.

I dont tend to listen to Keith Law that much when it comes to prospects, and I read more good things than bad things about Sisco. Back to what you were saying about acquiring Harvey, if I am going to trade you pitching, especially a quality pitcher at a affordable price like John Danks, I want pitching back.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 11:17 AM)
Not really seeing a good match.....I think the Sox should/will be targeting near MLB ready prospects and the O's don't really have any of that.

I'll take good AA and A prospects for Danks

Sox aren't going to get a real good major-league ready prospect for him anyway.

Alexei's a different story.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 01:12 AM)
I'll take good AA and A prospects for Danks

Sox aren't going to get a real good major-league ready prospect for him anyway.

Alexei's a different story.

I'd be fine with something like that as long as the AA player has been there awhile and could be ready for a promotion......I see no reason for the Sox to stray away from last years plan of getting "near MLB ready" prospects. If Danks doesn't get you that, you don't need to trade him.

I don't care what FIP and SIERRA have to say about Danks, he's been a damn good pitcher this year. Lucky or not, it's July 19th and only 10 pitchers have more quality starts than Danks.