No Dunn trade talk?

knightni

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)
I'm guessing there probably has been, but Dunn is a fat chick at a bar. Nobody is going to go up to her first, but by the end of the night, someone will be desparate enough to take her home.

Then what is Kendrys Morales? I need to understand.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 06:44 PM)
Then what is Kendrys Morales? I need to understand.

Worth a reliever who had the same surgery for the detached lat as Peavy, lol.

And a large waste of money/resources by the Twins. Like Donald Sterling's g/f, basically, although from all accounts a decent human being at least.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 09:53 AM)
Dunn is pretty much the only player that needs to be dealt since he's a free agent at the end of the season.

I doubt that the Sox would make him a qualifying offer since he might accept it, but what possibly could they get in return for him and who would be interested?

I would be mildly surprised if some team didn't acquire him if the Sox were willing to eat most of the cost. Maybe he's not an ideal pinch hitter because he strikes out so much and doesn't really fill a position in a tight game, I'm not sure if there's a need from any contending team in the AL at DH either though.

I would be mildly surprised if some team didn't acquire him if the Sox were willing to eat most of the cost. Maybe he's not an ideal pinch hitter because he strikes out so much and doesn't really fill a position in a tight game, I'm not sure if there's a need from any contending team in the AL at DH either though.

AL DH OPS:

Sox .854

Oakland: .671

Yankees: .643

Seattle: .563

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 06:39 PM)
AL DH OPS:

Sox .854

Oakland: .671

Yankees: .643

Seattle: .563

He is having a good season, plus. 360 OBP. That has to have value, and you have some examples there. Would Oakland, if the Sox were willing to pay for most of Dunn's remaining deal, be worth a decent prospect?

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 02:21 AM)
He is having a good season, plus. 360 OBP. That has to have value, and you have some examples there. Would Oakland, if the Sox were willing to pay for most of Dunn's remaining deal, be worth a decent prospect?

I think he's simply untradeable. Nobody wants Adam Dunn and we're going to find that out as the deadline passes.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)
That's just a very weird thing to say if you watch baseball.

Sometimes you can't "see the forest for the trees" when you become too familiar with a player on your own team.

Dunn is what he is. But he still has value to another contending team, in a clearly defined role, either DHing against RHP, occasional 1B fill-in or PHer/power threat off the bench.

We all watched Rios go through the motions in 2009 and 2011, and you would have sworn we would eat that entire contract. Three years later, we ended up just a bit disappointed in the return for him.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 03:43 AM)
Sometimes you can't "see the forest for the trees" when you become too familiar with a player on your own team.

Dunn is what he is. But he still has value to another contending team, in a clearly defined role, either DHing against RHP, occasional 1B fill-in or PHer/power threat off the bench.

We all watched Rios go through the motions in 2009 and 2011, and you would have sworn we would eat that entire contract. Three years later, we ended up just a bit disappointed in the return for him.

We're certainly gonna find out if Adam has any value. We know the Sox will pay none of his contract, so does anybody wanna pay Adam the final two months? I say no; you guys say yes.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 09:43 PM)

How long have we been saying that? I don't think you can compare Rios to Dunn. Rios at least could play outfield, has some speed.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 06:34 PM)
How long have we been saying that? I don't think you can compare Rios to Dunn. Rios at least could play outfield, has some speed.

Dunn hits right handed pitching very well.

Dunn doesn't have a lot of value in the sense that you are going to get a very good prospect for him, but he has enough that some team will give up a player who has some legitimate baseball skills for him. Frankly, if the Sox end up keeping Dunn, I think it will be with the intention of signing him to a small extension. If they have no desire to do that, they'll get him to a contender to try and get him a World Series ring.