Yanks on Danks

southsider2k5

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 12:03 PM)
I think you're crazy if you think Beckham would get claimed. Frankly, Dunn too. Beckham is still owed a couple million and he's been terrible this year. Dunn is still owed like $5 million, does nothing defensively, and can't hit lefties.

Viciedo I'm in agreement on.

Why do you think someone would trade for Dunn but not claim him? Beckham should be owed less than 1.5 after trade deadline.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)
Why do you think someone would trade for Dunn but not claim him? Beckham should be owed less than 1.5 after trade deadline.

Because I believe the Sox would pick up some money in a trade. Not a lot, but enough to make it worthwhile. Somewhere in the $1-3 million range.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 12:25 PM)
I don't think the Sox are going to trade Viciedo. What will they get for him? You might as well wait and see if he can turn it around.

I agree. He's not unavailable, but they'll be asking for more than teams will give.

I think you're crazy if you think Beckham would get claimed. Frankly, Dunn too. Beckham is still owed a couple million and he's been terrible this year. Dunn is still owed like $5 million, does nothing defensively, and can't hit lefties.

Dunn is about $5.3 million left. Beckham is under $1.5 million. I have no doubt Gordo would be claimed, but I doubt you get anything for him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)
Dunn is about $5.3 million left. Beckham is under $1.5 million. I have no doubt Gordo would be claimed, but I doubt you get anything for him.

Yea, both those guys should be on waivers I think someone would claim Beckham but Dunn will probably require some cash going out. I can see Dunn + 2 million to the Yankees or even Indians.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 01:39 PM)
Red Sox and Marlins are discussing a deal right now per Morosi for Lackey. I put it in the actual rumor thread.

Or they aren't and the Red Sox leaked it to drive up Lackey's value. The Marlins are allegedly still in on Lester as well per the Miami Sun Sentinel. Jayson Stark said the Royals and Dodgers are also in on Lackey.

For the same reason that the dodgers actually traded for Darwin Barney and the sox claimed Moises Sierra

QUOTE (dayan024 @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 01:48 PM)
Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 2m

Hear the #Yankees talked to #Padres about Benoit, but nothing doing now. Also, NYY not playing for Danks #chisox or Brett Anderson #Rockies

If the Yankess arent in play for Danks why do they keep calling?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 02:34 PM)
If the Yankess arent in play for Danks why do they keep calling?

Exactly, if they wanna roll out with what they currently have, then they could have fun watching the playoffs from home in Jeter's last season.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
What would the holdup be, Rock? Prospect package or $$?

Money owed to Danks, but lets be honest, thats not a big deal to them, they are just posturing to get the Sox to offer to pay some of it or send a lesser player. There isnt much else out there for NY to get.

Money owed to Danks, but lets be honest, thats not a big deal to them, they are just posturing to get the Sox to offer to pay some of it or send a lesser player. There isnt much else out there for NY to get.

If both sides are agreed upon the return player(s), I have to believe that the trade ends up getting done. I don't mind the Sox holding out until tomorrow morning for another million bucks or so, but don't think they would walk away from the deal because of it.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 01:43 PM)
Or they aren't and the Red Sox leaked it to drive up Lackey's value. The Marlins are allegedly still in on Lester as well per the Miami Sun Sentinel. Jayson Stark said the Royals and Dodgers are also in on Lackey.

From MLBTR

2:22pm: John Danks is another possibility for the Marlins, according to WEEI’s Rob Bradford (on Twitter). He also hears that Lackey could be in play still.

2:10pm: Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald hears that there’s “zero chance” of a trade that would send Lackey to the Marlins (Twitter link).

Lots of posturing right now to drive up prices in the market.

Jon Heyman of CBS Sports tweets that a mystery team is becoming more involved. - Mariners?