Sox vs Royals

Heads22

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:34 PM)
Sierra's doing it all. Hitting, fielding, and his dugout antics.

He has a 289 OBP with Chicago and a 677 OPS, he's butchered a couple of makeable plays in RF, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

That said, there is zero reason he shouldn't be starting everyday in a corner after the trade deadline. De Aza or Viciedo or both should 100% be gone.

QUOTE (1dog @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:34 PM)
LOL gimme a break.

He should now start to foul off any ball that's not going to be a strike in a 3-ball count so he can hit more dingers!!

When you have Dunns power you don't bunt.....Plus he's slow so it's probably gonna take 2 hits to get him in anyway.

Saying he should bunt is absolutely ridiculous.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:32 PM)
The other day, Colby Rasmus actually did this and was safe. For some reason, Colby Lewis, who was pitching, got really pissed. It was 2-0 Toronto in the 5th, so Lewis didn't really have a reason to be mad.

This made espn.com as a story I think. I immediately thought of Dunn.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:37 PM)
When you have Dunns power you don't bunt.....Plus he's slow so it's probably gonna take 2 hits to get him in anyway.

Saying he should bunt is absolutely ridiculous.

You must also agree with my idea of simply fouling off any potential ball 4 then too, right? When you have Dunn's power, taking a walk is absolutely ridiculous.

QUOTE (1dog @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 07:42 PM)
You must also agree with my idea of simply fouling off any potential ball 4 then too, right? When you have Dunn's power, taking a walk is absolutely ridiculous.

If he always goes outside of the strike zone (which is the one asset he brings with his power, a good eye and a reputation for drawing walks) and gets himself out trying to hit homers...a .150ish batting average wouldn't be a surprise at all.

QUOTE (1dog @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:42 PM)

Lol. No.

When he gets a strike, which is what I assume you'd want him to bunt, he needs to swing the bat..

I'm done with this, it's silly.