Sox vs Royals

Heads22

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
I like watching this team but I can't stomach watching cy Chen dominate us again.

I will forever have nightmares about the game in September 2012. Bases loaded early in the game, Viciedo batting when he was killing lefties, it was the perfect matchup to blow the game open. He swings early, pops it up, and the rest of the season was history.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 02:13 AM)
Your hindsight vision is crystal clear. A true manager would take out a pitcher that gave up one run in 5 innings

Were we watching the same game? Carroll gave up a ton of hits and was pathetic. Ned outmanages Robin by taking his horrible pitcher out after five. I don't mind Robin, but hate the four games or so I've felt he basically conceded the game. Pretty tough to get to .500 that way.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 02:19 AM)
Ventura does it again. He simply refuses to pull a starter until the game is out of hand, no matter how poorly he's pitching. Exact same thing he did Sunday.

It's in baseball's unwritten book the starter has to go into the sixth or it's some slap in the face. No way he should have pitched the sixth inning in my humble opinion.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:42 PM)
Were we watching the same game? Carroll gave up a ton of hits and was pathetic. Ned outmanages Robin by taking his horrible pitcher out after five. I don't mind Robin, but hate the four games or so I've felt he basically conceded the game. Pretty tough to get to .500 that way.

It's in baseball's unwritten book the starter has to go into the sixth or it's some slap in the face. No way he should have pitched the sixth inning in my humble opinion.

Again, 1 run in 5 innings. But sure, anyone would have pulled him

Ned also has a dominating bullpen, and the Sox have....yea

There's just no reason to keep Beckham around anymore. He's something like four for his last 50.

Just cut him if you don't want to trade him for a Class A player or release him. Please.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 02:43 AM)
Again, 1 run in 5 innings. But sure, anyone would have pulled him

Ned also has a dominating bullpen, and the Sox have....yea

I'll give you that. the Royals bullpen is better. But it's the exact same deal. He didn't let Chen go six cause Chen is horrible. Ditto Carroll. I went to grab a bite to eat and listening on the radio Denny Matthews was laughing at how bad Carroll was tonight. So I'm not alone. He said Ventura was "praying" Carroll could get through five.

Don't the Sox have some prospect who could be taking Carroll's innings the rest of the season? Geez.

Edited by greg775

I want to make it clear I don't think Robin is a clown or anything.

I just forget sometimes he is managing with the full realization this team is not a contender. Sometimes I start to think the team actually could make up five games and be in the wild card race. I need to get it through my head it ain't happening.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 02:24 AM)
What bothers me is if the sox even remotely show life against Chen, now you gotta face their pen. Whereas the Sox have Javy Guerra lighting the infield on fire

Yeah, well could be worse. You could have all that young talent this board could dream of, a lights out bullpen, a borderline number one, and be only 1 game up on the team with Scott Carroll and Javy guerra pitching.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 03:44 AM)
There's just no reason to keep Beckham around anymore. He's something like four for his last 50.

Just cut him if you don't want to trade him for a Class A player or release him. Please.

This gloom and doom stuff concerning Beckham, Dunn, Ramirez, Viciedo, et al, is getting real old. We are losing a game that's all. I lost most of my hair but you don't hear me yelling about getting rid of combs and hair lotion :ph34r: :hawk:

Edited by elrockinMT