8/1 Game Thread- Sox vs Twins 7:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great slide by Viciedo, but without that new rule....Dayan's probably out and we only have a one run lead.

There's even talk of making it basically a force-play where you don't have to tag the player...just making it a force-out/successful catch at home.

In the Marlins' game last night, Stanton threw a runner out at home by a mile and the catcher was blocking the plate and NY overruled the out call. Mike Redmond went absolutely crazy.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
OMG, what a great game!

Tyler Flowers, you deserve some postgame beer! I'm starting to respect Tyler Flowers. He never quit this season! f***in A.

I'm going to copy this quote for if he ends up with below a 600 OPS next year, haha.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 10:37 PM)
unlike you i can seperate process from outcome. If I got to the slots tonight and hit a million it doesn't make playing the slots a good idea tmr.

Weren't you the guy who said he hated pinch running? Your idea of pinch running for Abreu in a tie game when he was on 3rd was dumb, and Viciedo scored. Paulie wouldn't. Perfect managing.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 10:37 PM)
unlike you i can seperate process from outcome. If I got to the slots tonight and hit a million it doesn't make playing the slots a good idea tmr.

The process is as a manager you don't take your one remaining bench player that can play defense and sub him for the DH in a 1-run game

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 04:39 AM)
I'm going to copy this quote for if he ends up with below a 600 OPS next year, haha.

No matter what happens to him I can't deny he kept plugging and got his average to .250 in August of 2014.

I'm still thinking about that blast he hit over the foul pole just a tad foul on the last homestand.