Pedro Alvarez

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 07:08 AM)
A worse version of Adam Dunn could still be a useful contributor to a team as long as he is not paid >$10 million for the privilege.

I think you just hit upon one of the key talking points to motivate fans and corporations to buy season tickets for 2015.

Let's hope not.

Or that they're going to burn a year of control on Rodon simply to promote his possibly/probably being in the White Sox rotation next year...by showcasing him in September.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 08:10 AM)
It's one thing if we're trading Viciedo for Alvarez, but they're going to ask for a lot more.

With Marte, Polanco and McCutchen (not to mention Travis Snider)....no need for an outfielder. The best we're going to get is Jose Tabata.

If they wanted Viciedo they could always stick him back at 1b without too many long term problems.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 10:14 AM)
I could support that. I also remember a pretty good offense in the mid 2000's that had Carlos Lee, Paul Konerko, Magglio, Frank Thomas, etc. If you have good hitters, you can get by. Would you like a lefty sure, but you shouldn't just sign a lesser player because he's a lefty. You can try to be creative to find that guy.

For whatever reason I keep wondering if Carlos Gonzalez is a guy they are looking at.

Those great Sox lineups in the early to mid 2000s also had Jose Valentin who averaged 24 homers from the left side between 2000-2004.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 11:44 AM)
Not only that, but I believe one of those teams had 7 guys hit 20+ home runs (Maggs, PK, Crede, Rowand, Valentin, Lee, Thomas maybe?). It was just a different era that can't be compared to the current. I do think the team needs a LH hitter but if the scouts love Tomas and pass on him because he's a righty that's just bad practice. I really hope we go into next year with 4 starting outfield types. Avi, Eaton, a lefty and a fourth wild card who can provide either great defense or serve as the primary DH with the bat. Regardless, I'm just praying were done with Viciedo and De Aza.

Durham 17

Charles Johnson 31

Thomas 43

Ordonez 32

C-Lee 24

Jose Valentin 25

Konerko 21

Herb Perry had 12 and Chris Singleton 11

2003 there were six over 18 homers.

2004 there were six over 21 (Uribe, Crede and Rowand were added...Thomas had 18)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 06:40 PM)

Durham 17

Charles Johnson 31

Thomas 43

Ordonez 32

C-Lee 24

Jose Valentin 25

Konerko 21

Herb Perry had 12 and Chris Singleton 11

2003 there were six over 18 homers.

2004 there were six over 21 (Uribe, Crede and Rowand were added...Thomas had 18)

Charles Johnson was a mid-season acquisition though so only a fraction of those 31 were with the Sox. But he was awesome that year, he really was a good catcher back in the day, had a really solid career.