Rangers @ Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:57 PM)
Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 1m

Jim Hendry is scouting at White Sox game tonight. Asked him about Javier Baez. He gave all the credit to then-scouting director Tim Wilken.

Hendry is a scout for the Yankees. Damn it...

Whoops

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 02:04 AM)
Too bad we have to play Eddie Gaedel every once in awhile or maybe we'd be making a push back in it.

He's hit into a lot of DP lately for someone with his speed. Hopefully Sanchez is in his role next year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 08:05 PM)
He's hit into a lot of DP lately for someone with his speed. Hopefully Sanchez is in his role next year.

Well, I hope we don't have someone with as much value as Sanchez in the "never plays" role. With that said, I don't see why we don't give Leury a shot in AAA at playing every day once we get some of the other MIF up here. Leury has never really repeated a level and could benefit from doing that. He doesn't have to hit very well to be a really nice piece.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:49 PM)
Yeah this board voted 36-6 against trading Danks for Santiago. Lulz. Don't understand the love affair with Danks here.

From 2008-2011 Danks was pretty damn solid and consistent. Given his age and track record, I hoped he could get back close to his old self after getting all his strength back post injury, that would make him worth his contract. Obviously that hasn't happened and his contract is dead weight, but I think that's people have given him the benefit of the doubt.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:52 PM)
Danks does not deserve a spot in the 2015 rotation only reason he will is his contract. Danks ability is just about at DFA level.

Kenny Williams likes him.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:30 PM)
Bigger problem imo It's a loose shoulder joint. Just can't throw the ball like he used to.

It shouldn't be loose anymore. The surgeon tightened it. Usually if anything it's too tight and that's why he doesn't have the fastball anymore.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 09:16 PM)
It shouldn't be loose anymore. The surgeon tightened it. Usually if anything it's too tight and that's why he doesn't have the fastball anymore.

regardless, larger point is nobody that ever had the same surgery came back to amount to much. SSS had a good breakdown, it's bleak. He'll probably be out of MLB in 12 months.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 01:16 AM)
wow ramirez, that was a willie mayes hayes esque bat flip for a ball that didn't even mack the warning track.

He's hit 4 homers in his career I believe to the right of dead center field. Reminds me of Alex Rios and Crede.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 08:17 PM)
regardless, larger point is nobody that ever had the same surgery came back to amount to much. SSS had a good breakdown, it's bleak. He'll probably be out of MLB in 12 months.

It's possible, but I don't think he will not be out of baseball in 12 months.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 08:24 PM)
He was healthy and one of the better young LH pitchers when he signed the deal.

Yes he was but the rush to get the deal done always bothered me. I never even pre injury thought he was worth the contract.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 09:20 PM)
It's possible, but I don't think he will not be out of baseball in 12 months.

I think the over under is 50%. 2 years, 75%.

here is the SSS must read article imo:

http://www.southsidesox.com/2013/3/20/4125...urgery-pitchers

Edited by chitownsportsfan