8/8 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
Avi for De Aza or Viciedo or Sierra

Wilkins for Dunn

Any two of Semien, Sanchez and Johnson for Beckham and Leury

Should have been watching this for a week already now. Make it change soon, RH.

They're not going to waive or send down Viciedo.

They are much more likely to do that (DFA) with DeAza, IMO. Or simply send down Sierra until September. DeAza HAS to be living on borrowed time, one would think.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 01:43 PM)

They are much more likely to do that (DFA) with DeAza, IMO. Or simply send down Sierra until September. DeAza HAS to be living on borrowed time, one would think.

Beckham, Leury, De Aza and Dunn should all have seen their last PA's in Sox uni, is the gist of it. These are opportunities wasted, and it's making a poor midseason for the rebuild (so far) worse.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)
Beckham, Leury, De Aza and Dunn should all have seen their last PA's in Sox uni, is the gist of it. These are opportunities wasted, and it's making a poor midseason for the rebuild (so far) worse.

Leury's spot is irrelevant unless it would have been Saladino, as those guys in AAA (Micah, Marcus and Carlos Sanchez) need to be getting regular at-bats and wouldn't even if they were promoted.

Whether Marcus or Carlos could benefit from sitting on the bench again, that's arguable. They wouldn't do it with Semien, so it's really do you want Carlos Sanchez to be playing 1-2 times per week instead of Leury Garcia?

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 02:50 PM)
De Aza's batting .283 with a .765 OPS against righties on the season. You would think some NL team could use that platoon bat.

If he was VERY GOOD defensively, but he's not.

Otherwise, I'd want a guy with an 800+ split against righties for a platoon partner. He also doesn't steal nearly as much as he used to...although part of that's due to his position in the batting order.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 02:43 PM)

Pretty sure the Sox can't send down Sierra. I think that's how the Sox got him from TOR to begin with. I hope it's De Aza.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
Leury's spot is irrelevant unless it would have been Saladino, as those guys in AAA (Micah, Marcus and Carlos Sanchez) need to be getting regular at-bats and wouldn't even if they were promoted.

Whether Marcus or Carlos could benefit from sitting on the bench again, that's arguable. They wouldn't do it with Semien, so it's really do you want Carlos Sanchez to be playing 1-2 times per week instead of Leury Garcia?

Add in platooning with Gillaspie, giving Lexi a day off here and there, and a few looks in the OF for Marcus, and there's plenty of AB's for both him and either Sanchez or Johnson IF Beckham AND Leury are removed from the equation as they already should have been.

If Leury's ever going to be a legit major leaguer of any sort, he needs the regular AB's the most anyway, and he can get them in Charlotte.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 04:04 PM)
Pretty sure the Sox can't send down Sierra. I think that's how the Sox got him from TOR to begin with. I hope it's De Aza.

It's a risk, another team COULD claim him. Maybe a 75% chance he makes it through without being claimed. He does have a 766 OPS with the Sox, so there's that.

All things considered, I would definitely DFA DeAza if I couldn't find anyone to claim his contract or willing to trade for him...regardless of the return, just trying to save $1-1.5 million or whatever.

Edited by caulfield12