Ferguson Riots

Brian

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 10:05 PM)
Less than a minute after the shooting people were on film running towards the officer yelling "He had his ****ing hands up".

That's a helluva lot more believable to me than eyewitness statements and the evaluation of a prosecutor who brought the case to a grand jury and then spent like 20 minutes telling why the press was irresponsible and it was really their fault.

Of all the people who post here, for you to ignore forensic evidence is just baffling.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 08:34 AM)
People on here like to call black people "animals".

Little bit disturbing.

I would call rioters animals, regardless of color. For you to assume color would fall upon you. Assholes are assholes, regardless of race or religion.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 08:34 AM)
People on here like to call black people "animals".

Little bit disturbing.

Uh what? They weren't called animals because of their race. They were called animals because they acted like animals. Who cares what color they are.

The anonymous rioters were called animals too. Were you pissed?

Wilson also described Brown as looking like a Demon:

had the most intense aggressive face. The only way I can describe it, it looks like a demon, that’s how angry he looked.

Wild animal who only gets more enraged as you shoot him; a demon. This sounds like reasonable testimony sufficient enough to rule out even probable cause for an indictment.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 08:49 AM)
Uh what? They weren't called animals because of their race. They were called animals because they acted like animals. Who cares what color they are.

The anonymous rioters were called animals too. Were you pissed?

Black people are generally described more as animals, beasts etc. than any other race. It's not exactly a new phenomenon or dog-whistle.

I guess I don't see rioting as animal like behavior.

People are frustrated. They feel like they aren't getting justice. Sometimes that anger can spill over to destructive behavior. Probably a small amount of people use the situation to cause damage or to steal for fun, but I think it's a really small amount of people.

I also think throwing tear gas or smoke into a group of protesters may cause anger to boil over.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 08:51 AM)
Wilson also described Brown as looking like a Demon:

Wild animal who only gets more enraged as you shoot him; a demon. This sounds like reasonable testimony sufficient enough to rule out even probable cause for an indictment.

I believe he said he looked that way while he was getting punched before a shot was fired

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 08:56 AM)

People are frustrated. They feel like they aren't getting justice. Sometimes that anger can spill over to destructive behavior. Probably a small amount of people use the situation to cause damage or to steal for fun, but I think it's a really small amount of people.

I also think throwing tear gas or smoke into a group of protesters may cause anger to boil over.

You don't see burning down your community as animal like behavior? Assault, robbery, trespassing. First thing that was robbed was a liquor store. That literally had nothing to do with Mike Brown. Those are the idiots being referred to as animals.

The owners of the stores that were destroyed should sue the witnesses who flat-out lied about what happened, which was the #1 contributing factor to all this violence.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 09:01 AM)
Animals don't have any control of fire so no, it's literally an exclusively human-like behavior.

The highest level of human no doubt. Dynamite drop in.

Chicago, one of the most violent if not the most violent city in America had a peaceful protest last night. It is possible to accomplish.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 08:58 AM)
Yeah but that wasn't what he said.

Were the following riots described as being done by a bunch of animals?

riots over Joe Paterno at PSU

Vancouver over the Stanley Coup

pumpkin festival in Keene, NH

It's typically a charge leveled at black people, and it's influenced by generations of stereotypes.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 09:04 AM)
He was also asked a bunch of questions about the sick baby he helped just before the shooting by the prosecutor. I don't think cross-examination would have been all that hard for him.

This was not an adversarial prosecution. This was a prosecutor using the grand jury as an excuse to avoid bringing charges in a case where there was enough evidence to bring charges but he didn't want to. That's why there should have been a special prosecutor appointed - it's hard in general for local prosecution to bring a case against a local police department.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 09:07 AM)
Were the following riots described as being done by a bunch of animals?

riots over Joe Paterno at PSU

Vancouver over the Stanley Coup

pumpkin festival in Keene, NH

It's typically a charge leveled at black people, and it's influenced by generations of stereotypes.

Haymarket was as well if you want to get local. Animals.

So was the racially charged holocaust if we want to broaden the scope outside of riots.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 09:07 AM)
This was not an adversarial prosecution. This was a prosecutor using the grand jury as an excuse to avoid bringing charges in a case where there was enough evidence to bring charges but he didn't want to. That's why there should have been a special prosecutor appointed - it's hard in general for local prosecution to bring a case against a local police department.

The department of justice still has an ongoing investigation.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 09:07 AM)
The highest level of human no doubt. Dynamite drop in.

I mean if we're trying to be accurate here, it is literally not animal-like behavior at all. Animals don't riot, don't start fires, don't destroy s*** like people do. In the area of "terrible, horrible things to do" humans have a pretty strong hold.

Chicago, one of the most violent if not the most violent city in America had a peaceful protest last night. It is possible to accomplish.

Absolutely. Riots are usually a complex phenomenon, and the ones in Ferguson appear to be pent up anger and frustration over powerlessness and a perception of strong bias against their community. While theycan have a constructive outcome, usually that's not the case and it's just used as more 'evidence' that 'those people' are just hopeless. Again, speaking generally here and not about a particular poster or even SoxTalk.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 04:56 AM)
I'm blown away by a lot of the responses on here.

The entire thing was orchestrated so that what has happened would happen. They damn near wanted riots - you have to figure - for the terrible way in which this whole thing was planned out. Of course they should've announced the decision in daylight hours. Of course they shouldn't have made all the big announcements about mobilizing the Nat'l Guard. The militarization of the police is what is being fought in the first place, so lets talk big and scary about how we're militarizing the situation, right!? Let's just further fan the flames. That makes sense.

I'm sorry. Should people be rioting and looting? No, of course not. But do I understand the pain, fear, hatred, anger and hopelessness people feel in light of the mockery of justice they were given? Absolutely.

I'm also not going to ignore that the people burning buildings are probably just burning buildings. There's truth to that. They don't care one way or another, it's just an opportunity to create free mayhem. I get that. And that's f***ed up. But in my mind, then the DA and the system shouldn't have rigged the outcome in the f***ing first place.

This is a joke post, right?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)
In a fair system, this would not go over well with cross examination, but that's why it shouldn't have been tried by a grand jury.

I love how you guys can even pretend to know what it's like to have your life in danger to the point that you have to shoot someone.