The plan to make Rodon elite

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 12:58 PM)
Please keep Buddy Bell at least 100 yards away from Rodon.

The only ones who should be allowed to speak to him are Hahn, Cooper, JR Perdew and Nick Capra.

Half joking.

Yes Ventura shouldn't even be allowed to pull him.

RODON ONLY GETS PULLED BY RODON

Edited by southside hitman

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 12:27 PM)

It concerns me that the focus of this article is Rodon's changeup, which he admitted he "rarely used," but at the end it still stresses he has "better than average" chance of reaching the majors this year.

Considering Boras wasn't willing to cut a deal that includes a September call-up and instead wrung the White Sox for every cent they had AND he has to improve a secondary offer he admits himself he barely throws....can we pump the breaks on his promotions?

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)
It concerns me that the focus of this article is Rodon's changeup, which he admitted he "rarely used," but at the end it still stresses he has "better than average" chance of reaching the majors this year.

Considering Boras wasn't willing to cut a deal that includes a September call-up and instead wrung the White Sox for every cent they had AND he has to improve a secondary offer he admits himself he barely throws....can we pump the breaks on his promotions?

He did not need that pitch to be successful in college so there was no use in having it. He will need it to be elite and seeing yesterday's results it seems like it may not be far off. Once Coop throws the cutter in there......

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 14, 2014 -> 09:07 AM)
He did not need that pitch to be successful in college so there was no use in having it. He will need it to be elite and seeing yesterday's results it seems like it may not be far off. Once Coop throws the cutter in there......

I agree, I am just pointing out that the organization can't simultaneously say he's ready for the majors and then say he has to do major work on a secondary offer he barely threw in college. I suppose since they said his change-up will make him "elite" he could be just average right now without it. Which I believe, he could be a great bullpen guy right now with just his fastball-slider combo. But why would you make him learn a change-up at the major league level when he could be doing that in the minors?

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 12:53 PM)
Buddy Bell was on White Sox weekly and just hammered how impressed the org has been with the development of Rodon's change. They expected to have to do a lot more work on it than they apparently have to.

If you take Buddy Bell at his word on White Sox prospects, there is no reason they won't be fielding an All Star team in a few years.

QUOTE (The Wiz @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 12:14 AM)
I believe the goal should be to maximize his talent and potential, not maximize the time until his arb. clock starts.

Truth. I'd also add "not to maximize the asset for the marketing department." I'd love to see him in September if he's ready, but not just to move tickets.