8/12 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Dunt @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)
Trey promoted to WS, that team is gonna be ridiculous to follow for the rest of the season

When Anderson gets back, who they going to send down because as of right now its

C Navarez

1B Barnum

2B Peter

SS Rondon

3B Trey

LF Hawkins

CF Engel

RF Walker (May when he is healthy)

That is a good line up.

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
When Anderson gets back, who they going to send down because as of right now its

C Navarez

1B Barnum

2B Peter

SS Rondon

3B Trey

LF Hawkins

CF Engel

That is a good line up.

It's gotta be Rondon. Anderson needs to play SS everyday and so too does Rondon.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 12:00 PM)

C Navarez

1B Barnum

2B Peter

SS Rondon

3B Trey

LF Hawkins

CF Engel

That is a good line up.

And...

Rodon, Dykstra, Danish, Brennan, Wendelken and soon Montas again is a sick rotation

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
And...

Rodon, Dykstra, Danish, Brennan, Wendelken and soon Montas again is a sick rotation

That's just insane depth.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 03:42 PM)
Montas and Lopez will be back with the team shortly. I suspect either Rodon gets send up or they shut Danish down.

My guess is Rodon goes up, and Danish has at least 3 more starts in him.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)
That's just insane depth.

My guess is Rodon goes up, and Danish has at least 3 more starts in him.

Yeah, won't be shocked if tomorrow is Rodon's last WS appearance.

Why is Rodon being moved up? He'll get his 2 or 3 innings and then the starter will take over. Not really a big deal, imo. Still enough innings to go around for all of those guys. Maybe Rodon moves up but it isn't because of a numbers game in Winston Salem.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
Why is Rodon being moved up? He'll get his 2 or 3 innings and then the starter will take over. Not really a big deal, imo. Still enough innings to go around for all of those guys. Maybe Rodon moves up but it isn't because of a numbers game in Winston Salem.

Naw, you're right about it not being due to overcrowding, I just have a feeling that they're giving Carlos the "tour", and it will be heading to B'Ham soon - then again, maybe it's better to keep him with the changeup guru in WS. I guess we'll see soon enough, less than 3 weeks left in milb seasons, so any moves are cups o coffee at this point.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 02:04 AM)
Erik Johnson 2.0 IP, 6H, 6ER, 2BB, 0K

Not sure how others feel, but at this point, I'll be pleasantly surprised if he ever becomes a solid contributor for the big league team. Hopefully he has some type of minor injury he's been trying to get over this year.

You would think with Johnson they would have preferred to DL him if there was ANY reason to believe there was something wrong physically.

Like Davidson and Semien to a lesser extent, he's gone from a tradeable asset to a huge question mark we have no choice but to hold onto and see if he can turn things around.

(Joining the likes of Mitchell, Walker and Trayce in that category.)

Thompson's disappeared from the conversation completely, not unlike Miguel Gonzalez or Saladino a couple of years ago.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 07:07 PM)
Next year's going to be simply huge for Hawkins, Anderson, Montas and Danish at Birmingham.

AA is what really starts to separate the pretenders and contenders.

Hopefully May or Barnum can emerge in the same way that Ravelo has this season.

Ravelo didn't really emerge this year. He's been a pretty good hitter ever since we drafted him.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 07:34 PM)
Ravelo didn't really emerge this year. He's been a pretty good hitter ever since we drafted him.

Well, since a lot of lists (outside of here) aren't even promoting him to the Top 10-20, it's hard to say he's really emerged outside of hardcore prospect sites.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 04:18 PM)

Maybe they just to see him against better competition for a few innings.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 08:08 PM)
Not sure how others feel, but at this point, I'll be pleasantly surprised if he ever becomes a solid contributor for the big league team. Hopefully he has some type of minor injury he's been trying to get over this year.

Yeah, it's a weird one. He REALLY fell hard for some reason. I can't imagine if he had even a minor injury that they wouldn't have shut him down, just because it's been so bad.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 08:01 PM)
Taylor has been pretty great ever since coming to the Sox. Also, it's amazing how Davidson and Hawkins have gone absolutely quiet with the long ball.

I think you are concerned with the long ball a little too much. They can't even put the bat on the ball probably. I'd be happy if they just start collecting hits, the power will come back eventually.