8/18 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 08:16 PM)
Your dedication to the futuresox board is appreciated soxpride

Thank you. I'm a college student, so in my free time I do this. Follow everything pretty close as one day I'd love to be in the front office of an MLB team.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 08:56 PM)
With so many interesting hitters in Charlotte, they give the ML at bats to Danks.

It would be nice to see if any of them can hit ML pitching, but some will likely be given away after the season.

Danks has been red hot since his recall and is finally getting consistent ABs in the ML level. I have no issues with him getting the at bats when most of the interesting prospects are all in the infield. Now if you want to argue Beckham and Dunn then go right ahead. But it's not like he's going to be taking at bats away from Eaton when he comes back and Avi is our RF for a while.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
Thank you. I'm a college student, so in my free time I do this. Follow everything pretty close as one day I'd love to be in the front office of an MLB team.

You and I are in the exact same boat. Should add you on Facebook so we can share leads on baseball jobs or something.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 12:09 AM)
Sounds like we all have the same dream

I spent about 4 hours a week or two ago researching baseball jobs that fit my search and skills. Didn't even find a single one to apply to, and I am looking for ANY minor league or major league team. Sucks out there if you don't have a business/marketing degree.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 12:13 AM)
I spent about 4 hours a week or two ago researching baseball jobs that fit my search and skills. Didn't even find a single one to apply to, and I am looking for ANY minor league or major league team. Sucks out there if you don't have a business/marketing degree.

I am getting a degree in Sport Management (1 year left) and a Business Administration minor.. I am suppose to get an internship in order to complete my degree and I plan on doing it next summer. Will be applying to Frontier League teams around the St. Louis area, the Cardinals (I know some people who know people), and probably other minor league teams that aren't too far. We will see what happens but I am worried I won't be able to get one and I am screwed. I guess I could always go back to school for my masters if I can't get an internship

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 12:20 AM)
I am getting a degree in Sport Management (1 year left) and a Business Administration minor.. I am suppose to get an internship in order to complete my degree and I plan on doing it next summer. Will be applying to Frontier League teams around the St. Louis area, the Cardinals (I know some people who know people), and probably other minor league teams that aren't too far. We will see what happens but I am worried I won't be able to get one and I am screwed. I guess I could always go back to school for my masters if I can't get an internship

I actually have seen far more internship openings than jobs, because they'd prefer to not pay someone (or pay them little), and use college credit as a reason. Hell I'd do an internship at this point, but I am no longer enrolled in college, so I can't receive college credit.

http://www.teamworkonline.com/ is a good resource.

Teamworkonline is a must follow on twitter if you are looking for a job in sports. They list numerous openings everyday with different college and pro teams around the country. I am an AE with the Avalanche, and have worked with the Nuggets and Rapids in the past and many coworkers have told me they got their start in the sports biz from teamworkonline.

You know, for those of you who are looking to break into baseball jobs... we could always use another hand writing the Recaps on FutureSox. Daniel and Rob do a great job, but it can sometimes be hard to cover all the needed nights between just those two. So if that interests you at all, PM me. The season is coming to an end soon, but one could do a couple to warm up then start regular in the spring.

ETA: Being able to show something tangible like this could give someone an edge in a sea of candidates.