The Beheading

greg775

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 02:24 PM)
Unbelievable. It shows what human being are capable of. When the end of the world hits it's certainly gonna be ugly. Pity to the people who have to live out the earth's final days whenever they may be. Those who say people are inherently evil have this plus the holocaust to point to as proof. Those who say people are inherently good have individual acts of kindness to point out I guess.

The end of life on earth is projected to be 500 million years to 2.3 billion years from now, so there's a little bit of time left.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 08:28 PM)
The end of life on earth is projected to be 500 million years to 2.3 billion years from now, so there's a little bit of time left.

That can change in a hurry with nukes and the like and/or the predicted economic meltdown and chaos. Or racial chaos or this new threat from the police type chaos.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)
That can change in a hurry with nukes and the like and/or the predicted economic meltdown and chaos. Or racial chaos or this new threat from the police type chaos.

humans will be gone long before then (simple evolutionary process will take care of that), but even if we wipe ourselves out prematurely, life will go on. The Earth has been through far worse than we can throw at it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 07:41 PM)
humans will be gone long before then (simple evolutionary process will take care of that), but even if we wipe ourselves out prematurely, life will go on. The Earth has been through far worse than we can throw at it.

Yes I meant wiping ourselves out more than the actual disintegration of the earth.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 04:33 PM)
Yes I meant wiping ourselves out more than the actual disintegration of the earth.

If you're worried about this, you should be relieved at how much the chances of it happening have decreased over the past 25 years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
If you're worried about this, you should be relieved at how much the chances of it happening have decreased over the past 25 years.

Is that because we will intercept the nukes lobbed our way? Any chance there could be a 9/11 type incident involving them polluting our water supplies? Any chance a disease like ebola wipes everything out like the last great Planet of Apes movie?

It's pretty obvious we are ruining our own environment little by little. When is that gonna be irreversable?

Why have chances decreased? That nutjob in North Korea ... Putin ... and what about China? Are the Chinese out to conquer the world ultimately? Just some threats.

I think it's our duty to protect people from suffering and oppression. However, it's really hard to do in this case. We have already seen that try to just go in and kill the bad guys, you simply create a power vacuum that will be filled with similar characters. You have to take into account the factors that led to the problem.

The humanitarian issues in this part of the Middle East aren't cause for an intervention so much as they are an effect of the geopolitical circumstances of the past 100+ years there. It is far too complex to be able to stomp out the problem with bombs. The circumstances there are rife for creating groups and actors like this - they aren't all born to terrorize.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 02:13 PM)
Is that because we will intercept the nukes lobbed our way? Any chance there could be a 9/11 type incident involving them polluting our water supplies? Any chance a disease like ebola wipes everything out like the last great Planet of Apes movie?

It's pretty obvious we are ruining our own environment little by little. When is that gonna be irreversable?

Why have chances decreased? That nutjob in North Korea ... Putin ... and what about China? Are the Chinese out to conquer the world ultimately? Just some threats.

Lol...you are a complete nutjob Greg, but you make these threads fun to read.

So in the aftermath the family has come out and says that they hope this changes the way Americans deal with terrorists by not paying ransom. Apparently they asked for a boatload of money for his return, and while a few European countries came thru using intermediaries to facilitate the deal, the US said no. I am sorry for your loss, but in no way, shape or form should the US government be paying terrorists for the return of kidnapped victims, unless by paying them you mean a bullet between the eyes.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 03:13 PM)

The idea that this compares to 30,000 Soviet nuclear warheads pointing at the U.S. is absolutely f***ing crazy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 10:47 PM)
The idea that this compares to 30,000 Soviet nuclear warheads pointing at the U.S. is absolutely f***ing crazy.

I just think there are a lot of ways chaos can ensue in the next 10-20 years.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 08:45 PM)
I just think there are a lot of ways chaos can ensue in the next 10-20 years.

To me, the idea that this compares to someone accidentally pushing the wrong button or giving the wrong signal of militarism during the latter 20 years of the cold war is lunacy.

The chances of mankind annihilating the full planet from almost anything you've mentioned is extremely remote. Even China doesn't have the warheads to do that. The only 2 nations ever to have that kind of power are the US and the Soviet Union. Both of those countries have removed ~90% of their nuclear weapons since the peak and the level of conflict between them, even with Putin being somewhat nuts, has dropped hugely. The chances of an accident have also dropped dramatically, and that's probably the most likely way it would have happened.

This Stephen Colbert guy is not funny nor is he talented. These ISIS bastards are brutal and I don't find it terribly funny what they've been doing. His jokes and delivery are not entertaining.

Did you see England has issued a "severe" terror threat at home? These ISIS guys are so brutal it's beyond belief.

https://screen.yahoo.com/popular/isis-panic...00660.html?vp=1

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 02:43 PM)
This Stephen Colbert guy is not funny nor is he talented. These ISIS bastards are brutal and I don't find it terribly funny what they've been doing. His jokes and delivery are not entertaining.

Did you see England has issued a "severe" terror threat at home? These ISIS guys are so brutal it's beyond belief.

https://screen.yahoo.com/popular/isis-panic...00660.html?vp=1

Wrong on both counts, but I'm guessing this isn't the first time you've been told that.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 10:57 PM)
Wrong on both counts, but I'm guessing this isn't the first time you've been told that.

You guys like him? Wow.

As far as joking about the beheadings, I think it's very very poor taste this soon. Has the journalist even had his funeral yet? I'm offended by that unfunny man and I normally don't get offended.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
Yes. Thankfully I haven't watched his schtick. I think it's pretty rude of him to joke about beheadings when this guy hadn't even been buried yet. I'm all for jokes but ISIS is so horrific a group; they are doing so many bad things it truly should be off limits to comics.

Colbert should be ashamed of himself. Seriously. Why not joke about Ferguson and Mike Brown's death as well? He knows he'd get fired over that probably. I think Colbert is an ass to tell you the truth. Hopefully he won't get kidnapped by some ISIS asshole set free in the US and have his own f***ing head sawed off.

And I think this post makes you look worse than anything you just said about the other person. You should be embarrassed about yourself. Pathetic.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 01:36 AM)
And I think this post makes you look worse than anything you just said about the other person. You should be embarrassed about yourself. Pathetic.

Why? I said I hoped he didn't get his head sawed off. I don't want Colbert to die.If you read it the wrong way, kill the post. I don't care.

If you think any one of us travelers can't get kidnapped overseas by ISIS and be a pawn and have our lives in jeopardy I think u are wrong. This is a SEVERE threat.

Edited by greg775