The Beheading

greg775

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
We can take a stand against ISIS because they are not a country, they are a lawless group of terrorists. We don't get anything from them. All they do is inflict damage and harm. They are not a world player. SA, China, etc. are. Yes, I agree we should be applying pressure, but they know it's all talk unless we are willing to stop buying from them and can convince the rest of the world to do the same.

i agree, there are no better than bin laden's group. they should be treated as criminals, by world court standards.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 11:21 PM)
It's not necessarily unjust just because we don't agree with their beliefs. It may be corrupt, I don't know. But as I said days ago, if the choice is cancer or cancer, i'm choosing the option that at least provides me with a chance to live. The one where your percentages of survival are much better.

there is no legal process for mass genocide of a particular group of people. i will also point out, there is a region who has been fighting for decades, yet it doesn't come to anyone attention, why, b/c they offer no economic rtns. this is Africa.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 05:21 PM)
It's not necessarily unjust just because we don't agree with their beliefs. It may be corrupt, I don't know. But as I said days ago, if the choice is cancer or cancer, i'm choosing the option that at least provides me with a chance to live. The one where your percentages of survival are much better.

We gave you reports of people winding up beheaded for witchcraft after reporting sexual harassment to authorities. Other categories include sorcery and dissent against the government. There is also no written legal code, so it's up to the religious judges to decide who they want beheaded. Pretty much all your statements about this being an orderly or legal or just process applied to criminals are 100% false and everyone admits it.

They've done more than a dozen already in 2015. They've been at a pace of 1 every 3 or 4 days for several years now. They also crucify the beheaded body publicly afterwards in many cases

But that's ok.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 11:27 PM)
We gave you reports of people winding up beheaded for witchcraft after reporting sexual harassment to authorities. Other categories include sorcery and dissent against the government. There is also no written legal code, so it's up to the religious judges to decide who they want beheaded. Pretty much all your statements about this being an orderly or legal or just process applied to criminals are 100% false and everyone admits it.

They've done more than a dozen already in 2015. They've been at a pace of 1 every 3 or 4 days for several years now. They also crucify the beheaded body publicly afterwards in many cases

But that's ok.

reminds me of the Salem Witch Trials in the US history books.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 04:27 PM)

But that's ok.

? Where do you get these numbers?

Saudi Arabia executed 87 people in 2014 for crimes including rape, murder, armed robbery, and drug trafficking, and it has already beheaded at least 10 people in 2015.

AND NO ONE IS SAYING IT'S OK. Jesus.

edit: as far as the bolded, obviously it's a f***ed up system without due process, but I linked you a story that indicated at least one person was charged and the charges were overturned. Obviously there's SOME sort of system behind this, which again, for the tenth time, is a step above what ISIS does.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 11:06 PM)
? Where do you get these numbers?

AND NO ONE IS SAYING IT'S OK. Jesus.

it is their law.... it remind me of how the europeans came to america and force native american to believe in what they believe b/c they thought it was right.

what makes anyone think our way of life is better than any other countries. it is this self worth that make americans hated thru out the world.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
So are you proposing that we just go back into the stoneage and not use oil (as essentially that is what we would have to do, as we'd have a pretty limited oil resources globally). That said, US would be one of the lesser impacted countries as a whole but I'm fairly certain that would end up resulting in numerous other battles and wars.

Taken to its logical conclusion, all those automakers (and their attendant lobbyists) who have "conspired" with the oil industry to fight back against building up electric grids/battery charging stations and stunted the development of cars running on alternative energy sources are the real culprits here, not the consumers...

Or do we want to say that neighbor with no kids driving a huge SUV is more of a terrorist supporter than someone with a Prius, bio-fuel or battery-powered vehicle?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 01:27 AM)
Taken to its logical conclusion, all those automakers (and their attendant lobbyists) who have "conspired" with the oil industry to fight back against building up electric grids/battery charging stations and stunted the development of cars running on alternative energy sources are the real culprits here, not the consumers...

Or do we want to say that neighbor with no kids driving a huge SUV is more of a terrorist supporter than someone with a Prius, bio-fuel or battery-powered vehicle?

well said, i remember in 2001, the fuel economy cars, 50-65 mph were coming out, the Geo and other cars, but they were stop and shut down. then 2 yrs later the hybrid car, 35-40 car came out, then they were stop. then the whole new hybrid came out 4 + yrs ago and it is doing 25-35 mph..... the technology is there and sometimes shows it head. but big oil puts the kibosh to it.

look and remember what i am saying. does anyone remember that???

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 04:00 PM)
The definition of capital punishment includes the use of "legal process." I think you'd be severely stretching that definition to include "a decision made by a band of terrorists."

"The" definition? Who gets to define the word? Legal processes vary around the world. Is the only correct process the one the US uses?

Capital punishment is suppose to be a deterrent. The basic idea is if people fear the punishment they will not do the crime. That fear is also called terror. It isn't that much of a threat to call any group that imposes a death penalty as a terror group. We look at the people that are executed in the US and believe we are doing right and it is justified. But when other societies do that for different reasons, they are wrong.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
"The" definition? Who gets to define the word? Legal processes vary around the world. Is the only correct process the one the US uses?

Capital punishment is suppose to be a deterrent. The basic idea is if people fear the punishment they will not do the crime. That fear is also called terror. It isn't that much of a threat to call any group that imposes a death penalty as a terror group. We look at the people that are executed in the US and believe we are doing right and it is justified. But when other societies do that for different reasons, they are wrong.

That's some serious reaching.

In the US we use capital punishment, on a limited basis, in a select number of states for crimes such as raping children and eating them.

In some of these countries you're comparing us too, they do it because a female showed her ankles in public, or some other such nonsense.

No, it's NOT the f***ing same.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 07:39 AM)
That's some serious reaching.

In the US we use capital punishment, on a limited basis, in a select number of states for crimes such as raping children and eating them.

In some of these countries you're comparing us too, they do it because a female showed her ankles in public, or some other such nonsense.

No, it's NOT the f***ing same.

No it is not the same. You have placed the US at the top of the moral capital punishment pyramid. Perhaps the US is too lenient on criminals and don't execute enough. Your assumption is the US is the moral perfection on the planet and that anything that differs from ours is wrong. There are countries, a lot of them, that have stopped capital punishment. Where do they fall on your list? Can those countries say that all of the countries that kill criminals are wrong?

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)
No it is not the same. You have placed the US at the top of the moral capital punishment pyramid. Perhaps the US is too lenient on criminals and don't execute enough. Your assumption is the US is the moral perfection on the planet and that anything that differs from ours is wrong. There are countries, a lot of them, that have stopped capital punishment. Where do they fall on your list? Can those countries say that all of the countries that kill criminals are wrong?

I think you can take what he said to mean that the US is better than most. Not sure anyone would agree that the system is perfect. But there IS a system in place. Unlike ISIS.

I make no such assumption that the US is anything near moral perfection, but it sure as hell is closer than what they're doing over there.

For example, here in China, there's pretty much a zero tolerance policy on drugs (with quite low benchmarks in terms of KG weight trafficked once to earn you the death penalty) and quite limited freedom of speech.

As we all know, in the US, over 50% of the criminals who are imprisoned are there for drug crimes.

So, because the Chinese/Singaporean/Taiwanese system has worked better economically the last 20-30 years (in terms of GDP growth)...can anyone be absolutely sure the Chinese are wrong? Of course, the trend is actually going against making drugs a capital crime with the legalization of marijuana.

Same thing with possession of handguns/weapons (that aren't knives).

It's easy for people here to see all the murders on the news in the US and think of our country as barbaric and shortsighted in its policies.

So, as Tex notes, we have to look at it from other perspectives to be able to engage in a real debate.

To belittle other countries for having policies (for example, showing of skin) based on sacred theistic beliefs is not for us to judge, even if we inherently disagree.

A lot of women (when I lived in Indonesia) belief that wearing a hijab/burka is freeing or liberating. They feel like "equal" women and not judged solely on their physical appearance but on their thoughts and ideas. You can understand, when the perception in America is that sex sells and that many women are solely successful because of appearance or a sex tape or being on a tv show, that wouldn't make any sense...can anyone explain why Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian or Farrah Abraham are "successful" to someone from Pakistan or Afghanistan, and keep a straight face while doing so?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 02:36 PM)
I think you can take what he said to mean that the US is better than most. Not sure anyone would agree that the system is perfect. But there IS a system in place. Unlike ISIS.

There is a system. It is quick and effective. No long trials or appeals. Isn't that what America wants? Usually we declare people guilty before the trial even starts.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 14, 2015 -> 02:56 AM)
There is a system. It is quick and effective. No long trials or appeals. Isn't that what America wants? Usually we declare people guilty before the trial even starts.

no they don't, that is why they are privatizing the prison system, to make money...

america..... how to make money.

Let me get this straight, Balta has accused everyone that uses gas/oil of somehow supporting beheadings, but at the same recently admitted to applying for a job at Penn f***ing State, an institution that enabled a child molester for years and still views one of those enablers as sacred. Talk about some holier-than-thou bulls*** right there.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 14, 2015 -> 07:46 AM)
Let me get this straight, Balta has accused everyone that uses gas/oil of somehow supporting beheadings, but at the same recently admitted to applying for a job at Penn f***ing State, an institution that enabled a child molester for years and still views one of those enablers as sacred. Talk about some holier-than-thou bulls*** right there.

I believe a key difference is the entire university wasn't corrupt, only a very small handful. Actually five by most counts. The entire academic department had no idea what was gong on.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 14, 2015 -> 08:46 AM)

Like I said over there...you do what you have to do. I'm staring at unemployment in May and then having the Supreme Court decide my wife loses health care coverage in June.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 14, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
I believe a key difference is the entire university wasn't corrupt, only a very small handful. Actually five by most counts. The entire academic department had no idea what was gong on.

I still fundamentally disagree with this concept.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 14, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
I still fundamentally disagree with this concept.

I understand you do. If we followed your reasoning there shouldn't be a university for you to apply to. Every department in the University should be punished. The President was involved, the president was in charge of the entire university, so the entire university should be punished. Pull any grants, government assistance, close down the research labs.

I say you should go and be proud of being a Nittany Lion. Their academics have been top ranked, they are a great American institution who in their 100 plus year history had five horrific individuals that ruined lives and have been punished for them, perhaps too lightly, especially one. There have also been hundreds of thousands of outstanding faculty members and students who have been an asset to their communities. The math seems easy to me.

If you truly believe that the entire institution was corrupt and should be punished, a lot of those same people are still there. By joining them you are sleeping with pigs and giving your approval for their past mistakes. I find it unbelievable that based on your beliefs that you would even consider working there.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 14, 2015 -> 11:43 AM)
I find it unbelievable that based on your beliefs that you would even consider working there.

If you're given the choice between that and having your spouse no longer be able to see a doctor, isn't the choice obvious?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 14, 2015 -> 10:50 AM)
If you're given the choice between that and having your spouse no longer be able to see a doctor, isn't the choice obvious?

Um, the rest of us have jobs too. Many of us rely on cars and therefore gasoline to get to these to jobs and provide for our families. But I get it, it's ok for you to sacrifice your moral highground when it's your family at stake, but the rest of us are clearly monsters who support beaheadings when we fill up our gas tanks.

Again, please scrap the ridiculous holier-than-thou act.