The Beheading

greg775

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 09:58 PM)
Does anyone else get the feeling that ISIS is slowly biting off more than they can chew before they just get annihilated, be it by the US or someone else?

No. They may have more territory than they can chew but they are very adaptable and can change their strategies to hit the weakest spots of the territories when they need a win.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 05:31 PM)
What we need to do is get out of the region for good. They want to continue living like it's 1200 BC, go for it. See ya later.

When we're using U.S. made aircraft to blow up U.S. made weapons and sending U.S. made weapons to fight those U.S. made weapons on the ground...I have trouble arguing against you here.

It does make me feel better when I bike home.

I just can't get over the horror of James Foley kneeling there knowing he was about to get his head chopped off.

And I can't get over the inhumanity and horror regarding what the remaining journalist is currently going through as he waits to be beheaded. They probably told him of Foley's fate and he's just waiting to die.

I almost threw up seeing the video of Foley bravely kneeling with the asshole behind him holding a knife to his neck. Can these ISIS assholes even speak English? Did they communicate with Foley? Sorry, man, nothing personal but we have to cut your head off to make a point?

The horror of it all and the other things I mentioned makes you wonder if the end of the world has begun.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
I just can't get over the horror of James Foley kneeling there knowing he was about to get his head chopped off.

And I can't get over the inhumanity and horror regarding what the remaining journalist is currently going through as he waits to be beheaded. They probably told him of Foley's fate and he's just waiting to die.

I almost threw up seeing the video of Foley bravely kneeling with the asshole behind him holding a knife to his neck. Can these ISIS assholes even speak English? Did they communicate with Foley? Sorry, man, nothing personal but we have to cut your head off to make a point?

The horror of it all and the other things I mentioned makes you wonder if the end of the world has begun.

Wait, I thought the Mayan calendar said it was going to end December 21st, 2012?

There have been worse times, The Crusades, The Middle Ages, World War I and World War II, the first Great Depression, the Inquisition, the Plague/Bubonic Death, etc.

I will prob get flamed for this, but who cares.

He had no freaking business being in that area, esp with a civil war that was raging at the rime of

his rpt missing, a reagion that hates the US and all people that are US.

next his bosses are to blame for sending him there. for what, to get first hand news from that

area. f*** it.

didn't anyone learned their lesson from the bosnian conflict or how bout viet nam where there

was a bounty of journalist heads.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 12:23 AM)
I will prob get flamed for this, but who cares.

He had no freaking business being in that area, esp with a civil war that was raging at the rime of

his rpt missing, a reagion that hates the US and all people that are US.

next his bosses are to blame for sending him there. for what, to get first hand news from that

area. f*** it.

didn't anyone learned their lesson from the bosnian conflict or how bout viet nam where there

was a bounty of journalist heads.

He is a war journalist, that is literally his business.

There is a code in journalism to get the story. Most journalist believe, with their lives, that what they are doing to worth doing, including putting themselves in harms way. Just like soldiers, medics, doctors, nurses, etc. We're just so accustomed to ripping them in this county we can't see that side.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 02:07 AM)
Say what you will about Carter, no hostages died while he was in charge.

and fyi, he was also kidnap in Libya during their civil war as well. held for 6 weeks.

I am really not going to debate the merits of his death and agony to his love ones. make what

you will of what i wrote now and before. i will not reply.

peace.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 09:31 PM)
What we need to do is get out of the region for good. They want to continue living like it's 1200 BC, go for it. See ya later.

That's not a bad take. Those f***ers are truly living B.C. Great post.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 02:07 AM)
Say what you will about Carter, no hostages died while he was in charge.

Kind of different circumstances, an entire embassy taken hostage in one place with a recognized government vs a war journalist taken hostage by a terrorist group.

What do you do if you are the remaining journalist there waiting to die? Do you ask them to go ahead and kill you to get it over with? Or do you pray for a miracle and they release you or the U.S. troops find you? If you had access to poison would you kill yourself rather than let those bastards behead you?

This story saddens me to no end. Animals over there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 06:39 PM)
What do you do if you are the remaining journalist there waiting to die? Do you ask them to go ahead and kill you to get it over with? Or do you pray for a miracle and they release you or the U.S. troops find you? If you had access to poison would you kill yourself rather than let those bastards behead you?

This story saddens me to no end. Animals over there.

F*** no.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 12:20 AM)
F*** no.

Curious as to why not? A beheading is so horrific. If you know you are going to die you woudn't take the cyanide and the easier route? I pray for that person daily to have the strength to accept his fate. I'm sad he has to die because of these thugs intent on beheading people.

If you are especially defiant they might decide to torture you for a few days before the beheading, so it's a no win situation all the way around.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 03:02 AM)
Curious as to why not? A beheading is so horrific. If you know you are going to die you woudn't take the cyanide and the easier route? I pray for that person daily to have the strength to accept his fate. I'm sad he has to die because of these thugs intent on beheading people.

If you are especially defiant they might decide to torture you for a few days before the beheading, so it's a no win situation all the way around.

Greg, while graphic, beheadings are one of the more humane ways to go. There is no suffering.

cynanide suffocates your body. You may go quietly but I can't imagine it's better than a beheading.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
Greg, while graphic, beheadings are one of the more humane ways to go. There is no suffering.

cynanide suffocates your body. You may go quietly but I can't imagine it's better than a beheading.

Although it's arguably a lot better for your family/loved ones....

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 10:47 AM)

That depends entirely on what the weapon being used is. If it's just a knife, it can take several minutes. I've had to watch videos of cartel beheadings. They used a chainsaw for the guy whose answer they liked, and a knife for the one they didn't.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 04:10 PM)
That depends entirely on what the weapon being used is. If it's just a knife, it can take several minutes. I've had to watch videos of cartel beheadings. They used a chainsaw for the guy whose answer they liked, and a knife for the one they didn't.

Unbelievable. It shows what human being are capable of. When the end of the world hits it's certainly gonna be ugly. Pity to the people who have to live out the earth's final days whenever they may be. Those who say people are inherently evil have this plus the holocaust to point to as proof. Those who say people are inherently good have individual acts of kindness to point out I guess.

Edited by greg775