2014 Fantasy Football Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 10:43 PM)
Your receivers are very average.

How are they average? He has Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant. That alone makes his WR core above good.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 10:44 PM)
horrible draft. waited too long on the top RBs in an auction draft and ended up grabbing murray and a bunch of third tier RBs in hopes that a couple hit. and then later rounds missed my nomination turn and got stuck with yahoo defaulting a kicker and IDP leaving me with $5 on the table that I planned on spending towards another WR3/4 (guys like decker and sanders were still available, that hurts)...

10 team standard scoring, think I stand a chance? To me it's looking like a 6th/7th place type of team...

QB - Foles

RB - Murray

RB - Bush/J. Bell

WR - Jeffrey

WR - Brown

Flex - VJax

TE - Davis

DEF - SF

Bench

WR - Floyd

RB - Richardson

RB - Tate

RB - CJ2K

RB - Vereen

Honestly, you didn't do bad. You have to clear out your bench of RBs though and get some backups. Overall though, RBs normally are the hardest group to predict. I usually draft them last nowadays because you're bound to find at least 3 backup RBs who turn out to be the starters on their teams and end up being studs. You also have 3 highly rated RBs who just fall off the face of the earth.

Outside of Foles, I like your team alot.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 08:45 AM)
Had a draft last night. Started an hour late because a guy was traveling for work. I'm ok with that.

But what's with guys taking three minutes to take a pick? It literally takes me fifteen seconds. Narrow your options as your turn approaches. Eliminate names as they're picked and make your choice immediately. It's not a life/death decision.

Draft took almost 3.5 hours - plus the hour delay. Oh, and ther were a few of us doing it online while the rest gathered at a friend's house. I logged into the draft room twenty minutes before he draft. Five hours total time spent.

Even if people get together, run it through Yahoo or ESPN, set the time limit at 1:00 or :30 or whatever you want, and that will force the draft to move quicker. Zero reason not to do that.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
How are they average? He has Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant. That alone makes his WR core above good.

Honestly, you didn't do bad. You have to clear out your bench of RBs though and get some backups. Overall though, RBs normally are the hardest group to predict. I usually draft them last nowadays because you're bound to find at least 3 backup RBs who turn out to be the starters on their teams and end up being studs. You also have 3 highly rated RBs who just fall off the face of the earth.

Outside of Foles, I like your team alot.

I was being sarcastic. Didn't think that needed green.

Any leagues penalize people the week after if they play a guy on bye? I'm thinking of doing -3 per player or something.

I have one guy, who I want to boot but gave another chance, that doesn't pay attention and pays after the season.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 07:44 PM)
Any leagues penalize people the week after if they play a guy on bye? I'm thinking of doing -3 per player or something.

I have one guy, who I want to boot but gave another chance, that doesn't pay attention and pays after the season.

We kick guys like that out of the league.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 11:45 AM)
We kick guys like that out of the league.

I wanted to so bad but he convinced me to give him one more shot. He was going through a divorce last year and lost his job. I gave him mercy.

Does anyone here use leaguesafe.com? I hear their commercials all the time on the score and I was wondering if their fantasy set up is nice. I used fanball.com one year and wasn't impressed enough to go back to it from the free yahoo or espn version

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 09:04 AM)
Does anyone here use leaguesafe.com? I hear their commercials all the time on the score and I was wondering if their fantasy set up is nice. I used fanball.com one year and wasn't impressed enough to go back to it from the free yahoo or espn version

I have used leaguesafe for years and Im overall very pleased with it. It has two ways to allocate payouts, majority vote or the commish has full discretion. There are really no fees as long as everyone pays before Sept 16th. Then Leaguesafe imposes a $10 late fee to the owner paying late. If you pay with a debit card they add a small fee to process the payment. Its like a dollar I believe. It also has an autonag option which emails people who havent paid yet and reminds them every few days. At the end of the season you can either receive payment via prepaid debit card, check or leave it in your leaguesafe account. Its also nice for keeper/rolling leagues. When a new season starts I can just reinvite people from last years league. It allows the commish to make payments for other people too. Ive had to do that a few times for people who would rather just use paypal.

ESPN has a new system called Tilt also. Im trying it in one league just to see how it is. Ive already noticed its not as good as leaguesafe because it wouldnt let me pay for someone else who sent their entry fee to me on paypal.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
I have used leaguesafe for years and Im overall very pleased with it. It has two ways to allocate payouts, majority vote or the commish has full discretion. There are really no fees as long as everyone pays before Sept 16th. Then Leaguesafe imposes a $10 late fee to the owner paying late. If you pay with a debit card they add a small fee to process the payment. Its like a dollar I believe. It also has an autonag option which emails people who havent paid yet and reminds them every few days. At the end of the season you can either receive payment via prepaid debit card, check or leave it in your leaguesafe account. Its also nice for keeper/rolling leagues. When a new season starts I can just reinvite people from last years league. It allows the commish to make payments for other people too. Ive had to do that a few times for people who would rather just use paypal.

ESPN has a new system called Tilt also. Im trying it in one league just to see how it is. Ive already noticed its not as good as leaguesafe because it wouldnt let me pay for someone else who sent their entry fee to me on paypal.

Is there a point in the season where a owners team is completely locked due to nonpayment? Or is that commissioner discretion?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 02:16 PM)
Is there a point in the season where a owners team is completely locked due to nonpayment? Or is that commissioner discretion?

Commish discretion. Leaguesafe isnt integrated with any ESPN or Yahoo leagues so all they really know is who has paid or not. So it depends if its people you know in the league and how much you trust them to pay late. I use it for the talkbears keeper league that been going on for like 6 years and everyone always ends up paying but there are always 2-3 who dont pay until the end of the season. I have a rule that they have to pay before the final playoff seedings are set or I will lock their team though. If its people you dont know as well youd be better served making everyone pay before the draft.

The one thing I like better about Tilt is that when you set it up you tell it how many people you want to join before it "Tilts" the payment. So if you set it to 10 the first 9 people who pay arent really paying yet, it just reserves the money and then it charges everyone when the league fills up.

Unless by locked out you just mean that leaguesafe wont let them pay if its late. You can set a deadline to pay and then turn on "allow late payments" and if its after the date is when they have to pay the extra $10, which goes to leaguesafe and not in the prize pool. The latest you can set the deadline is Sept 16th. But you do have the option to not allow late payments but Im not really sure what would happen to your league if someone didnt pay in time and then didnt have the ability to pay late.

I am so annoyed. My 2nd league (I have 1 serious league and then 1 league with coworkers) had the draft moved up to yesterday and I never pay attention to emails (especially over holiday weekend) so I woke up this morning to Cam as my starting QB, who I would have never taken had I been in charge. And this is from a guy who likes Cam a lot but I just have a lot of concerns about his fantasy abilities given his bum ankle and the fact that they have zero wideouts. I do have Olsen which is nice cause he should get a ton of targets. Going to be looking to trade for a new QB (preferably Stafford). Team is still solid and the money is usually made on being sly in terms of pick-ups, who you play / sit, etc.

I've learned that the more I've focused on the week to week moves, etc, the better my squads have gotten over the years. I'm probably just as lousy of a drafter as before so it might be better when a computer picks for me as it takes my biases out of the situation.

Got me some Julio Jones in my 1st league, which I am excited about as I think he's going to have a breakout year. Julio / Dez as my top wideouts is nice but Bush is my top back (betting on a big year out of the Lions offense). I'm tempted to grab and tash Eben as I think he might have a big potential for TD's.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 02:27 PM)
Unless by locked out you just mean that leaguesafe wont let them pay if its late. You can set a deadline to pay and then turn on "allow late payments" and if its after the date is when they have to pay the extra $10, which goes to leaguesafe and not in the prize pool. The latest you can set the deadline is Sept 16th. But you do have the option to not allow late payments but Im not really sure what would happen to your league if someone didnt pay in time and then didnt have the ability to pay late.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what leaguesafe is/does. Does it only take care of the money part? Or is it a fantasy league site as well? Fanball was an alternate to ESPN/Yahoo for me, and actually had a tab where I could track the money with the owners. And if they didnt pay, i could lock their team so they couldnt access it.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
We really like 1/2 PPR in my main league.

What do you all make of the Indy trio of WRs? I like Luck this year but I think Wayne, Hilton and Nicks will all eat each other out of any big time value.

I like TY the most out of those guys and really wanted to draft him, but he went a little before I made my next upcoming pick. I still don't like Nicks as he's just too streaky for me (and I think, depending on his numbers and injuries, could see his playing time cut into by Da'Rick Rogers). I think Wayne will be a little slow in getting back, plus he's aged a year on top of it.

BTW, based on that one article where the guy outlined Gordon's case to appeal, I picked up Josh Gordon for Tim Wright. No harm in rostering him for a bit, and if it's going to definitely be a season long thing, then I can drop him and not worry about it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)
I am so annoyed. My 2nd league (I have 1 serious league and then 1 league with coworkers) had the draft moved up to yesterday and I never pay attention to emails (especially over holiday weekend) so I woke up this morning to Cam as my starting QB, who I would have never taken had I been in charge. And this is from a guy who likes Cam a lot but I just have a lot of concerns about his fantasy abilities given his bum ankle and the fact that they have zero wideouts. I do have Olsen which is nice cause he should get a ton of targets. Going to be looking to trade for a new QB (preferably Stafford). Team is still solid and the money is usually made on being sly in terms of pick-ups, who you play / sit, etc.

I've learned that the more I've focused on the week to week moves, etc, the better my squads have gotten over the years. I'm probably just as lousy of a drafter as before so it might be better when a computer picks for me as it takes my biases out of the situation.

Got me some Julio Jones in my 1st league, which I am excited about as I think he's going to have a breakout year. Julio / Dez as my top wideouts is nice but Bush is my top back (betting on a big year out of the Lions offense). I'm tempted to grab and tash Eben as I think he might have a big potential for TD's.

I don't think Cam has any less weapons than hes had in the past, bottom line is hes been a top 5 fantasy QB every year hes been in the league. I wouldn't feel too bad about him.