2014 Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 06:33 AM)
Won $20 on FanDuel. Yippee

I SHOULD be right there with ya. Currently in 819th with the top 2100 getting $$. I'm sure there's a lot of Wilson, Lynch, Harvin, Seattle D, Cousins, Jackson, Garcons out there though.

I've had no luck so far in fanduel. First time I played I had Woodhead, who got hurt, last week I had Crabtree, who got hurt for a quarter and a half, now this week I played Jennings, who got hurt.

Dude in 1st place played Brandon Oliver....That kinda boggles my mind. Oliver wasn't the #1 back, was pretty much 4th on the depth chart before the season began and he was going against the top ranked run defense in the Jets.... .1% owned the guy. That's pretty crazy to me.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 02:13 PM)
Kudos to Fuller for shutting him down, but damn I thought Benjamin was gonna have a huge day against the Bears.

Him suckin and Rashad Jennings getting hurt killed me in fanduel this week

I don't think Fuller had much to do with it. Benjamin had a costly couple drops / lackadaisical plays. He was open quite often. Most of the Panthers skill position players were open when we weren't generating a pass rush. Secondary was terrible.

2 Questions.

Is AP done for sure?

Who's the better pickup, Oliver, Hillman, or Andre Williams?

Ball and Jennings injuries look more severe than Donald Browns(Though concussions can be tricky) making Hillman and Williams more valuable for longer it would appear, but Oliver had a huge week.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 03:02 PM)
2 Questions.

Is AP done for sure?

Who's the better pickup, Oliver, Hillman, or Andre Williams?

Ball and Jennings injuries look more severe than Donald Browns(Though concussions can be tricky) making Hillman and Williams more valuable for longer it would appear, but Oliver had a huge week.

1) For this season, no, but I'd say there's about a 90% certainty that yes it is.

2) Assuming you do not own any of the starters in those backfields, I'd rank them Hillman, Williams, Oliver.

Ball might have a serious groin issue, Jennings will only be miss a couple games and Mathews should be back in a couple weeks as well. Hillman will be tied to the Denver offense, but will lose carries to CJ Anderson, Williams is a plodder and isn't that great IMO so he'll return to second fiddle when Jennings returns and Oliver will play passing downs but is the clear #3 when all RBs are healthy

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
1) For this season, no, but I'd say there's about a 90% certainty that yes it is.

2) Assuming you do not own any of the starters in those backfields, I'd rank them Hillman, Williams, Oliver.

Ball might have a serious groin issue, Jennings will only be miss a couple games and Mathews should be back in a couple weeks as well. Hillman will be tied to the Denver offense, but will lose carries to CJ Anderson, Williams is a plodder and isn't that great IMO so he'll return to second fiddle when Jennings returns and Oliver will play passing downs but is the clear #3 when all RBs are healthy

Donald Brown was pretty awful when given the starting job, so I could Oliver pass him up in the rotation. And when is Ryan Matthews healthy?

3 moves I just made to shake my awful 1-4 team up.....

Drop Adrian Peterson

Pick up Mark Ingram (returns week 7, AP may never return)

Drop Torrey Smith

Add Justin Forsett (My RBs are horrible, and it was between dropping Smith or Zac Stacy. Went with Smith since he's done jack s*** so far)

Drop Andy Dalton

Add Tom Brady (Romo is my starter, but I can't imagine Brady being this bad, all year long. He *should* rebound, then maybe I trade him after the Cowboys bye week)

Thoughts?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 03:33 AM)
3 moves I just made to shake my awful 1-4 team up.....

Drop Adrian Peterson

Pick up Mark Ingram (returns week 7, AP may never return)

Drop Torrey Smith

Add Justin Forsett (My RBs are horrible, and it was between dropping Smith or Zac Stacy. Went with Smith since he's done jack s*** so far)

Drop Andy Dalton

Add Tom Brady (Romo is my starter, but I can't imagine Brady being this bad, all year long. He *should* rebound, then maybe I trade him after the Cowboys bye week)

Thoughts?

I wonder where these leagues are that have guys like that available this late in the season.

Anyway, I'd have stuck with Smith, but you can't argue with any of those moves.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 07:59 AM)
I can't catch a break. He kills me on my lineup two weeks in a row, so I bench him. Then, he goes off for 27 last night. :-/

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 10:39 AM)
3-1 in two, 2-2 in the third.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 09:03 AM)
Unless there's a late day scoring change, I was 3-0 last weekend. Barely squeaking by in two of the leagues.

I had benched guys that could have made the matchups less competitive but I second-guessed myself.

I'd love to not be able catch a break in FF and be 4-1, 4-1 and 3-2 through 5 weeks :lol:

I wish my pay league was ending right now, my team has entered that magic phase of being so red hot it's unbeatable...and FF players know that usually only lasts a few weeks... :/

Q: Should I start Edelman or Forsett this week? I don't trust Reed enough to replace Walker at this point, and Walker has been performing more often than not.

This is my lineup:

QB Jay Cutler

RB DeMarco Murray

RB Andre Ellington

WR Demaryius Thomas

WR Keenan Allen

TE Delanie Walker

Flex Julien Edelman

K Nick Novak

Def Philadelphia Eagles

Bench:

Justin Forsett

Jordan Reed

Dwayne Bowe

Lance Dunbar

Stepfan Taylor

Carolina Panthers

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 08:47 AM)
I wish my pay league was ending right now, my team has entered that magic phase of being so red hot it's unbeatable...and FF players know that usually only lasts a few weeks... :/

Q: Should I start Edelman or Forsett this week? I don't trust Reed enough to replace Walker at this point, and Walker has been performing more often than not.

This is my lineup:

QB Jay Cutler

RB DeMarco Murray

RB Andre Ellington

WR Demaryius Thomas

WR Keenan Allen

TE Delanie Walker

Flex Julien Edelman

K Nick Novak

Def Philadelphia Eagles

Bench:

Justin Forsett

Jordan Reed

Dwayne Bowe

Lance Dunbar

Stepfan Taylor

Carolina Panthers

Ya dude, you should have just retired after this week.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 11:21 AM)
I'm down by 22 with Morris and Lynch to go.

I'm also up against Lynch in my other league, but as long as he keeps it under 45, I'm good.

Damn, fell 3 points short.

both of my losses in this league have been a combined total of five points.

Edited by StrangeSox