2014 Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 11:43 AM)
Danny Woodhead was dropped in one of my leagues (By a guy who is new to FF)....Should I pick him up over Terrence West or MJD? It's of course a PPR league.

Absolutely.. drop MJD

Edited by TRU

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)
I dunno, Spiller vs the Bears rush D might not be a bad play either.

I get the feeling that the Bills coaching staff doesn't like Spiller. For one, hes returning kicks now. Two, they tried to trade up for Carlos Hyde. Three, they DID trade a 4th to the Eagles for Bryce Brown. Five, they signed Anthony Dixon this offseason. And of course Fred Jackson is still there.

Last year, Bell and Bush were pretty much dead even in fantasy points for PPR leagues. Plus, you never know when Bush is going to get banged up.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
Spiller or J. Bell from Detroit in a PPR league for RB2.

Bell.

Spiller was so hit or miss last year splitting time with Jackson and now they have Bryce Brown as well. Plus, the Giants suck and I think the Lions are going to score a bunch and Bell is their goal line back in addition to the work he gets out of the backfield as part of the passing game.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 08:11 PM)
I get the feeling that the Bills coaching staff doesn't like Spiller. For one, hes returning kicks now. Two, they tried to trade up for Carlos Hyde. Three, they DID trade a 4th to the Eagles for Bryce Brown. Five, they signed Anthony Dixon this offseason. And of course Fred Jackson is still there.

Last year, Bell and Bush were pretty much dead even in fantasy points for PPR leagues. Plus, you never know when Bush is going to get banged up.

I agree with this. That's a huge risk. Would anyone put money on more than 8 carries from Spiller? It may happen but very scary.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 05:06 PM)
I agree with this. That's a huge risk. Would anyone put money on more than 8 carries from Spiller? It may happen but very scary.

The coaches quote was they wanted to get him 20 touches a game so tat's why they went with him on kickoffs. But Spiller vs. the Bears defense is tempting.

I'm leaning towards Bell as his work is supposed to increase this year due to Bush being worn down at the end of last year.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 05:41 PM)
The coaches quote was they wanted to get him 20 touches a game so tat's why they went with him on kickoffs. But Spiller vs. the Bears defense is tempting.

I'm leaning towards Bell as his work is supposed to increase this year due to Bush being worn down at the end of last year.

Yeah remember last year when they said they wanted to give Spiller the ball till he threw up. Yikes. Spiller is just way too hit or miss for me, against a Bears team with an elite offense and what should be an improved defense. If the Bills get down early I could see Fred Jackson getting most of the run in that game.

Unless Rashad Jennings gets 40 points, I'm going 2-0 this week. Andrew Luck, Le'Veon Bell and Julius Thomas put up huge numbers for me in the other league and if I can get a combined 27 points (PPR) out of Calvin Johnson and Keenan Allen tonight I'll win the weekly $$ prize as well. Good way to start the year.

I got screwed by Charles and Stacy yesterday. 11 points combined...

I would have won if they had given me the 30 that were projected.

Also got Julius'd in my money league yesterday, but I was probably going to lose anyhow.

Edited by chw42