2014 Fantasy Football Thread

I need to start 2 of 3, half-PPR.

Zac Stacy vs. Dallas

Knile Davis vs. Miami

Stevan Ridley vs. Oakland

Right now I'm leaning Stacy and Davis, but I just kind of know New England's going to go up big on Oakland and Ridley's going to get a ton of garbage time touches like he did last week.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
I need to start 2 of 3, half-PPR.

Zac Stacy vs. Dallas

Knile Davis vs. Miami

Stevan Ridley vs. Oakland

Right now I'm leaning Stacy and Davis, but I just kind of know New England's going to go up big on Oakland and Ridley's going to get a ton of garbage time touches like he did last week.

Ridley got all the carries last week. Vereen got like 4. Belicheck could alternate weeks with the two though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 10:29 AM)
Ridley got all the carries last week. Vereen got like 4. Belicheck could alternate weeks with the two though.

I don't think Vereen would get those carries, it's more likely to be Bolden.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
I don't know. Vereen had 7 carries in Week 1 and Bolden isn't very good. It's hard to trust any of their RBs due to Belichick though. Tough call.

Vereen isn't the guy they like running a lot with, he's used as a pass RB, which is why he didn't get a lot of touches last week - they didn't need to pass much after the third quarter.

Garbage time points are either going to Ridley or Bolden and like you said, Bolden's bad.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)
Vereen isn't the guy they like running a lot with, he's used as a pass RB, which is why he didn't get a lot of touches last week - they didn't need to pass much after the third quarter.

Garbage time points are either going to Ridley or Bolden and like you said, Bolden's bad.

Vereen is going to make his points by receptions. Unfortunately, I think the pats will be up big again this week and they won't use him again. I'm sitting him for Joique in my league (PPR)

Romo vs. the Rams, or Dalton vs. the Titans. ESPN projects 15 for Romo, 11 for Dalton.

My other decision is Vernon Davis vs. Cardinals, or Wes Welker vs. Seahawks. Davis is projected to get 3 pts, Welker to get 5. My other options are Terrance Williams, Cunningham, Torrey Smith, or Kembrell Thompkins.

EDIT: f*** it, I dumped Benny Cunningham and decided to pick up Bobby Rainey. I think maybe I'll throw him in to my flex over Welker.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (SnB @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 04:40 PM)
Vereen is going to make his points by receptions. Unfortunately, I think the pats will be up big again this week and they won't use him again. I'm sitting him for Joique in my league (PPR)

I'm sitting Vereen for Rashad Jennings in my PPR league this week too

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 04:53 PM)
Brian Quick or cordarelle Patterson in PPR?

Quick is the best option for STL. Patterson may suffer with no AP. They couldn't throw at all last week.

Patterson. Not even a debate. He can score every time he touches the ball and there are way too many pass catching options in STL to trust anyone there. Stedman Bailey will be back this week too and they really liked him in pre-season.

So I was offered Adrian Peterson for Toby Gerhart. I honestly have no idea what to do. On the one hand, my team is 0-2 and my running back situation is garbage to begin with, so Gerhart might actually be an upgrade. On the other hand, if Peterson comes back this year, he's like 100x the back Gerhart is.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 08:14 AM)
So I was offered Adrian Peterson for Toby Gerhart. I honestly have no idea what to do. On the one hand, my team is 0-2 and my running back situation is garbage to begin with, so Gerhart might actually be an upgrade. On the other hand, if Peterson comes back this year, he's like 100x the back Gerhart is.

So it sounds like you were offered Gerhart for Peterson, right?

You're 0-2 and it sounds like you didn't pick up Asiata. You need to win now. You take the trade.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 08:25 AM)
So, Eddie Lacy has been a no-brainer, but he has nagging injuries, is coming off of a concussion, and has underperformed points-wise this season.

In PPR, should I use him, Lamar Miller, Cordarelle Patterson, Stevan Ridley or TY Hilton in my FLEX?

He was your first round pick and we're in week three of the season. You play Eddie Lacy.

That said, given the players you're choosing from for FLEX, it sounds like it's an 8 or 10 teamer, which means YAWN.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
So it sounds like you were offered Gerhart for Peterson, right?

You're 0-2 and it sounds like you didn't pick up Asiata. You need to win now. You take the trade.

No, it's the other way around. He has Gerhard and was offered AP.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 09:08 AM)
Right, and that's the way I'm thinking. Gerhart, no matter how s***ty, is guaranteed to put up points at some point this year. AP is not.

If you are 0-2 and your RB situation sucks, you have to hold on to Gerhart. IF AP comes back, earliest would likely be a few weeks, and you might be 0-6 by then anyway.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
He was your first round pick and we're in week three of the season. You play Eddie Lacy.

That said, given the players you're choosing from for FLEX, it sounds like it's an 8 or 10 teamer, which means YAWN.

Alrighty.

I asked for advice, not condescending comments.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 08:51 AM)
Can this week be the week where McCown starts feeding VJax?

I'm playing him. If he doesn't produce this week I'm not sure you can count on him at any point the rest of the season. Third game with McCown, going to be playing from behind all game, favorable matchup, perfect weather (dome), and he torched them both games last year. So yea, if he turns in another 50 yard and 0 TD effort I won't be playing him the rest of the season unless he develops a rapport with McCown later in the year. I'm thinking he goes for 100+ yards and a TD but maybe I'm just being too optimistic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 10:26 AM)
Adrian Peterson was released in my league, so I went ahead and picked him up and dropped Kembrell Thompkins just in case. So to recap, this year I've owned Ray Rice, Wes Welker, Josh Gordon, and now Adrian Peterson. Team Morality.

My brother's league plays a rule that you have to pay 10$ per game that a player is suspended to keep him on your roster, kinda dumb but fun.

You'd be in trouble haha.

I don't know whether to start. Need some help this week with ppr:

RB: Murray, Stacy, Ellington, Khiry Robinson, Sproles, Donald Brown

WR: Megatron, Jeffery, Wallace, James Jones

Thinking of doing Megatron/Jeffery and then Murray/Ellington with Sproles at flex. But I'm torn with maybe Stacy.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 12:59 AM)
Romo vs. the Rams, or Dalton vs. the Titans. ESPN projects 15 for Romo, 11 for Dalton.

My other decision is Vernon Davis vs. Cardinals, or Wes Welker vs. Seahawks. Davis is projected to get 3 pts, Welker to get 5. My other options are Terrance Williams, Cunningham, Torrey Smith, or Kembrell Thompkins.

EDIT: f*** it, I dumped Benny Cunningham and decided to pick up Bobby Rainey. I think maybe I'll throw him in to my flex over Welker.

Shea McClellin broke Vernon Davis because that's what he does. I'd probably play Rainey, he looked good last week.