2014 Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 08:47 AM)
He was your first round pick and we're in week three of the season. You play Eddie Lacy.

That said, given the players you're choosing from for FLEX, it sounds like it's an 8 or 10 teamer, which means YAWN.

While I agree you play Lacy, where someone was drafted is absolutely irrelevant once the season starts.

QUOTE (staxx @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 10:31 AM)
My brother's league plays a rule that you have to pay 10$ per game that a player is suspended to keep him on your roster, kinda dumb but fun.

You'd be in trouble haha.

I don't know whether to start. Need some help this week with ppr:

RB: Murray, Stacy, Ellington, Khiry Robinson, Sproles, Donald Brown

WR: Megatron, Jeffery, Wallace, James Jones

Thinking of doing Megatron/Jeffery and then Murray/Ellington with Sproles at flex. But I'm torn with maybe Stacy.

I think a more interesting rule would be that you get docked 5 pts for each week for each suspended player on your BENCH. It then forces the decision of playing a guy you know will get you 0 pts, or playing a guy you hope will get your MORE than 5 pts to offset the penalty. I like that better than paying money to make your team better in the end.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 10:23 PM)
Now those who, for whatever reason, played TB's DST this week look smart. They have 11 points in my league after that pick 6.

I dropped them this week for the good ol' Bears. And ya they have 11 in my league too.

So one of my friends in my league says that I don't know about football "You probably don't even know who Alshon is and he's on your team!" because I don't give it as much focus as the MLB or NBA and put 0 effort into drafting.

Kicked his ass. Turned Amendola, D. Walker, and McCown (Mr. Irrelevant, had last pick) into Mike Wallace, Vernon Davis, and Russell Wilson via waiver claims.

On that note: Mike Wallace or Andre Johnson this week? Andre Ellington is the flex, so I could sit him as well.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 02:08 AM)
So one of my friends in my league says that I don't know about football "You probably don't even know who Alshon is and he's on your team!" because I don't give it as much focus as the MLB or NBA and put 0 effort into drafting.

Kicked his ass. Turned Amendola, D. Walker, and McCown (Mr. Irrelevant, had last pick) into Mike Wallace, Vernon Davis, and Russell Wilson via waiver claims.

On that note: Mike Wallace or Andre Johnson this week? Andre Ellington is the flex, so I could sit him as well.

Either you're in a 8 man league or the people in your league are incredibly incompetent.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 12:00 PM)
Has anyone ever messed with fanduel? How long is the "pending bonus" pending?

You usually have about 4 months to redeem it all I believe. I think you get $0.04 for every $1 you play.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 12:34 PM)
I have a buddy who's addicted to it.

Do we know each other? Because that's me, although I play Draft Kings more now.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
You usually have about 4 months to redeem it all I believe. I think you get $0.04 for every $1 you play.

Do we know each other? Because that's me, although I play Draft Kings more now.

Booo, ya you're right. I deposited 10 dollars yesterday thinking I'd be able to play in 20 dollars worth of leagues.