2014 Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 09:20 AM)
Went to bed needing 4 more points from Cam, who was trailing in the fourth. I thought it would be a piece of cake. Woke up, saw they scored another touchdown, oh, it was a pass, nice. Oh...it was from Anderson.

Cam Newton always just seem to be more valuable in theory than he ever is in practice. I'm sure he'll get me 65 points in a game I'd win anyway to preserve his "season points". But man is it inconsistent.

This was actually why I consciously avoided him this year. I had him last year and there are weeks where he'll put up like 25-35 points for you and you think you're justified, but then he comes out and puts up 8s or 10s with 214 yards passing and 18 rushing yards and it's just maddeningly inconsistent.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 06:36 AM)
2-1 this past week.

Got mowed down by Julio Jones in my PPR league on Thursday night and never recovered.

8-1 in three leagues so far, but I lose my Seahawks and Packers players this week to the first bye week.

We'll see.

Packers play the Bears this week.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 08:43 AM)
I'm 0-3 despite being 3rd in scoring. I've had 342 points scored against me. Next closest is 273. Awesome.

0-3 446 scored on me next 382 most in my league and 2nd in scoring points. I would of beat every team in league, but team I played all 3 weeks.

Edited by Soxfest

I'm in half-PPR and I'm loaded at receiver ATM (Nelson, Sanders, Maclin, Crabtree, Boldin) and not so great at RB (Charles/Davis, Stacy, Ridley).

I was offered either Nelson for Forte or Maclin for Morris.

Think I should bite on Forte?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)
Playing against Peyton too. He doesn't have a backup.

There's one decent option in Tony Romo on waivers so I'm gonna drop my kicker so he doesn't grab him then wait til Sunday morning and drop romo. Probably a douche move but whatever.

Nah, that's a smart move. Nothing wrong with it.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)
That's a great deal for you, yes.

Shrewd.

I didn't want to take the risk with Jordy. Maclin and Sanders are both likely to regress, so I couldn't take the risk of getting rid of my only elite wideout.

I ended up trading Maclin and Boldin for Morris and White.

It gives me 3 good RBs (Charles, Stacy, Morris) and 4 solid wideouts (Nelson, Sanders, Crabtree, White).

The only bummer is that I don't get Morris this week since he plays on Thursday and the trade is processed Friday. I'm short on players this week since Stacy and Sanders have a bye too, so that kind of sucks. I'll probably have to play White as my flex.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 09:03 PM)
Guy offered me Jimmy Graham and Asiata from Alshon and Alfred Morris. He didn't understand why I laughed at him.

Eh, when you own Jimmy Graham and he single handedly wins you games left and right, you should demand the world for him.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 07:43 AM)
I'm 0-3 despite being 3rd in scoring. I've had 342 points scored against me. Next closest is 273. Awesome.

I'm in the same boat.

I'm playing a guy this week who's 3-0 and I've outscored him every week. With my luck, this will be the week he finally scores more than me.

I was offered Cordarrelle Patterson for Vernon Davis and Terrence Williams. My other TEs are Kelce and Witten. I'm tempted to make it, especially because I think CP's value is at a low point. But I have zero trust in Witten. And while I feel better about Kelce, he still splits time with Fasano and his QB is Alex Smith.

Any thoughts?

How about this trade. I trade away Bennett and McCoy for Julio jones and Bradshaw. My other receivers are garçon, Nelson, and Hilton. My other rbs are Hyde, Moreno, and Murray. I also have Jordan Cameron at te.

Edited by cws0591

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 03:03 PM)
Guy offered me Jimmy Graham and Asiata from Alshon and Alfred Morris. He didn't understand why I laughed at him.

Me either. That's a fair trade. Honestly, I'd rather have the Jimmy Graham side unless you have Julius Thomas.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 04:21 PM)
Me either. That's a fair trade. Honestly, I'd rather have the Jimmy Graham side unless you have Julius Thomas.

Asiata is a bum, it wont be long before McKinnon is getting the carries there.