2014 Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 09:23 PM)
So, uh, Tom Brady has negative points right now.

Age hath caught him.

My wife is going to murder me. She came into tonight up 9 points and for some reason her opponent started KC's defense (projected for 4 points) and they have 14.

She had two options to have a big score from her Tight End, but I told her twice that she should hold off if Vernon Davis plays.

One was Larry Donnell, who put up like 30 points and the other was Heath Miller who put up 14 points.

She is now down 129 to 136. All she had to do was not listen to me.

:-(

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 09:27 PM)
Age hath caught him.

My wife is going to murder me. She came into tonight up 9 points and for some reason her opponent started KC's defense (projected for 4 points) and they have 14.

She had two options to have a big score from her Tight End, but I told her twice that she should hold off if Vernon Davis plays.

One was Larry Donnell, who put up like 30 points and the other was Heath Miller who put up 14 points.

She is now down 129 to 136. All she had to do was not listen to me.

:-(

She has 3 TEs?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 10:13 PM)
Knile Davis looks so much better than Charles right now. Charles is averaging 5.5 yards per rush, but Davis looks straight up explosive.

This is not true. They are very different backs. Charles is quicker and much more elusive. Davis is more of a plodder and straight runner. You are thinking that because he blew through a wide open gap for a big gain when half the Patriots defense was going the other way thinking it was a reverse. And Davis is terrible in the passing game. Davis is great and I'm glad the Chiefs have him but there really is no comparison.

And just an FYI, if Charles does go down again, De'Anthony Thomas will take on a significant role in the passing game out of the backfield.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 08:43 AM)
I wouldve won some cash on FanDuel had Edelman had a good game. Dern it. I need to pay for this new water heater somehow.

I went into last night up on my opponent by 8.5 points and he had Edelman going. I thought for sure I was toast.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 08:54 AM)
I have to say that I'm confused by Yahoo projected 23 points for McCoy next week.

2+3 is more like it.

I went 3-1 this week. I'm 3-1 or better in my all of my Yahoo leagues, but I'm 1-3 in my ESPN league (the one I'm actually paying for). I've been plagued by Eddie Lacy and I finally had a good game this week, only to have my opponent score the most points in the league. I scored the second most and still lost. Fantasy football is so cruel.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)
59e1c62598.png

I didnt even pay attention to this matchup last night because I didnt think there was any way my opponent could catch me. Ended up hanging on by .15. Big fan of that.

lol the guy you played almost has the same team as me. I had Crabtree, Charles, and Cobb too.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 01:55 PM)
I didnt even pay attention to this matchup last night because I didnt think there was any way my opponent could catch me. Ended up hanging on by .15. Big fan of that.

Well first of all, I would have totally been worried that a combination of Charles and Gronk could combine for 42 points in a PPR league, but secondly, watch out for stat corrections, you never know when it's that close.