8/21 Games

GGajewski18

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 07:01 PM)
Davidson has had just a nightmare of a season. Outside of a week or two, he has been consistently terrible. To me, he's a long shot to become a MLB starter

He should have been the starting 3B entering the year but instead the Sox dicked around with him and sent him to AAA when he had no business being there anymore

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 07:18 PM)
He should have been the starting 3B entering the year but instead the Sox dicked around with him and sent him to AAA when he had no business being there anymore

If any move that the Sox made to start this season has been proven to be 100% correct it was having Conor Gillaspie at the starting 3B and sending Davidson to Charotte.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 07:27 PM)
If any move that the Sox made to start this season has been proven to be 100% correct it was having Conor Gillaspie at the starting 3B and sending Davidson to Charotte.

Nope. This was a 99 loss team, there was no reason for a guy like Gillaspie to be starting at 3B for this team. Davidson was ready and played well in his call up with Arizona the season before. Just because it "worked out" doesn't make it the right move. Gillaspie is worthless to this team, and he will never be on a Sox playoff team. Davidson should have been up here from the get go. Instead, they shipped him to AAA when he shouldnt have been and that to me seems like the biggest reason for his struggles as most of his stats line up with what he did in the minors before.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 07:35 PM)
Nope. This was a 99 loss team, there was no reason for a guy like Gillaspie to be starting at 3B for this team. Davidson was ready and played well in his call up with Arizona the season before. Just because it "worked out" doesn't make it the right move. Gillaspie is worthless to this team, and he will never be on a Sox playoff team. Davidson should have been up here from the get go. Instead, they shipped him to AAA when he shouldnt have been and that to me seems like the biggest reason for his struggles as most of his stats line up with what he did in the minors before.

This is perhaps the most illogical post I have ever read on this site.

Davidson has proven he clearly isn't ready. Gillaspie has proven he has taken a step up. If you really think the reason Davidson is one of the worst hitters on the Charlotte Knights is because he feels sorry for himself, i want whatever you have been taking. If his psyche is that fragile, there is no way he could be successful in the major leagues.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 07:49 PM)

Davidson has proven he clearly isn't ready. Gillaspie has proven he has taken a step up. If you really think the reason Davidson is one of the worst hitters on the Charlotte Knights is because he feels sorry for himself, i want whatever you have been taking. If his psyche is that fragile, there is no way he could be successful in the major leagues.

THAT was the most illogical post you've ever read on this site? Now I know your full of s***.

Gillaspie hit .330 for a couple months, hes got a .671 OPS since the all star break. Hes just not that good, and the future of this club would have been better served getting Davidson MLB playing time.

It was absolutely the right move. The White Sox correctly evaluated that Davidson wasn't ready for the major leagues, and sent him to the right place. Gillaspie turning into a starting MLB third baseman was a pleasant bonus.

Yes ,there was. The Sox found out they have a real good hitter in Gillaspie. Davidson has proven nothing yet. If he is so weak mentality that this ruined his career, he wasn't going to have anyway.

The plan was probably to let Davidson play a month or so to get him on a roll and then bring him up. However, he proved he wasn't ready.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 07:49 PM)

100% agree Dick. Blaming his season-long struggles on being sent down to AAA unjustly is one of the worst demonstrations of deductive reasoning I have ever seen on this site. It's beyond all logic to think simply being in the big leagues would solve all his problems.

IMO, some people bought way too much into his inflated Reno stats and his strong but limited (88 PAs) cup of coffee. I'm not ready to write him off just yet, but he faces an uphill battle when he's striking at a 30% rate in AAA.

lol, Gillaspie is not a starting position player at the MLB level. Get his two month hot streak out of your head, jesus. No one knows how Davidson would have played had he started in Chicago, so your argument that he wouldn't have been ready is just as "illogical" as me thinking getting sent back to AAA didn't have something to do with him struggling, even if its not the only reason.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 07:56 PM)
THAT was the most illogical post you've ever read on this site? Now I know your full of s***.

Gillaspie hit .330 for a couple months, hes got a .671 OPS since the all star break. Hes just not that good, and the future of this club would have been better served getting Davidson MLB playing time.

If a .671 OPS isn't good, a .660 OPS in AAA is a lot worse.

What the...

Dick has been hitting the nail on the head all season long with his Matt Davidson/ Josh Fields references. Very similar except Fields actually showed some promise at AAA and Davidson has not. A .200 average with 147 k's in 438 at bats shows the Sox made the right call sending Davidson to Charlotte coming out of ST.

Like others I'm not giving up on Davidson but its beyond clear he's not ready. I for one am glad we have Connor and especially after Davidson has s*** his britches at Charlotte this year.

Good call Dick.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 08:06 PM)
lol, Gillaspie is not a starting position player at the MLB level. Get his two month hot streak out of your head, jesus. No one knows how Davidson would have played had he started in Chicago, so your argument that he wouldn't have been ready is just as "illogical" as me thinking getting sent back to AAA didn't have something to do with him struggling, even if its not the only reason.

And Davidson is not a starting position player at the AAA level, apparently.