Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham

chetkincaid

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I can't see any way this isn't Semien coming up. What will be interesting to see is how the minors shake out. There's only a couple weeks left in the season, do we possibly see Rondon moved up to Charlotte for a 2-3 week spell to continue getting him consistent playing time?

This DOES explain why he wasn't in the lineup last night against a lefty. In any other circumstance, he'd be there, but this trade (or another one) had to be close. The Sox could have been waiting on a team to guarantee them the option of PTBNL or cash or maybe they get a choice or who knows really.

Game threads just lost about 10 posts (Hi Bighurt3515 ;) )

Kind of an odd move for the Angels. I thought a team looking to platoon him would try and snag him. Kendrick and Freese are both much better against LHP. Aybar hits just .226 against LHP so I wonder if they try him at SS.

He's certainly an upgrade over John McDonald who is their current utility man.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 03:55 PM)
Also, I can't see any way this isn't Semien coming up. What will be interesting to see is how the minors shake out. There's only a couple weeks left in the season, do we possibly see Rondon moved up to Charlotte for a 2-3 week spell to continue getting him consistent playing time?

Why can't Rondon play in Birmingham or the AFL?

You really want to jump him 3 levels in one season when he's just beginning to prove he won't have the bat blown out of his hand by a dominant pitcher?

I don't even think it's three weeks left, more like 2 unless your team's in the playoffs/post-season.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)
Game threads just lost about 10 posts (Hi Bighurt3515 ;) )

Kind of an odd move for the Angels. I thought a team looking to platoon him would try and snag him. Kendrick and Freese are both much better against LHP. Aybar hits just .226 against LHP so I wonder if they try him at SS.

He's certainly an upgrade over John McDonald who is their current utility man.

I am very happy. Too bad it wasn't a month ago.