More september callups

KipWellsFan

Recalled pitcher Joe Adkins and purchased the contracts of infielder Aaron Miles, pitcher Jose Paniagua and outfielder Armando Rios from Charlotte of the International League (AAA); designated pitcher Mike Porzio for assignment; activated pitcher Billy Koch from the 15-day disabled list.

Buh bye Mike.

Recalled pitcher Joe Adkins and purchased the contracts of infielder Aaron Miles, pitcher Jose Paniagua and outfielder Armando Rios from Charlotte of the International League (AAA); designated pitcher Mike Porzio for assignment; activated pitcher Billy Koch from the 15-day disabled list.

Buh bye Mike.

heh, I figured you would be the one to tell Porzio to piss off. Adios!

Designated for assignment is a nice way of saying they dropped him from the 40-man roster.

Yep...I'm guessing they are opening a spot to move someone not on the 40 to the 40. I think thats what they did with Rios.

They moved Rios to the 40 and designate Porzio. Porzio now has to clear waivers and if he does then he's back with the Sox, although he could be a minor league free agent or something.

I wonder if Aaron Miles can bunt?

I certainly hope so, but Robbie can prob. teach him if he can't. I heard he reminds a lot of ppl of David Eckstein so hopefully he can a lot of Heart and Hustle while he's up here. I'll tell u what though, he'll be determine to do well after 9 years in the minors i think.

:drink