White Sox at Yankees

Bigsoxhurt35

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 02:39 AM)
It's a concern, but I'd rather have offensive players that know how to win games without the homer sometimes too.

I think you need a mix. The problem is there's not a lot of home runs coming from Eaton, Micah Johnson, Avi, Gillaspie, Alexei. Gonna have to find some power in LF and DH.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
I think you need a mix. The problem is there's not a lot of home runs coming from Eaton, Micah Johnson, Avi, Gillaspie, Alexei. Gonna have to find some power in LF and DH.

Wonder if Travis Snider would be a fit.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
Check out the rosters then pop off.

Yeah because that Yankee roster so much better.

Yeah our roster isn't all that special however there is 3 years to me is a pattern.

Hope I'm wrong and all the "people with perspective" who don't blame RV are so correct as there level of smug.

I'd gladly eat crow.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 10:42 PM)
Cannot blame RV or some posters will have to bite tongues.

Can't blame Robin for this one but who cares the Sox are tanking fantastically towards a top 8 pick. Only thing that matters rest of the way is the production of the youth and the cornerstones like Jose and Sale and Q. Forget wins and losses the next 30 odd games and enjoy watching some of the new faces.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
Check out the rosters then pop off.

DA when is RV accountable? Had a first place team and it ran into the ground, year 2 and 3 not very good efforts and in crunch time team blows in August and September his WHOLE tenure. Not a recipe of ever playing playoff baseball under RV.

Edited by Soxfest

RV just (in my opinion) makes too many mistakes that cost us a game here and there.

Mistakes tonight:

#1 runners on 2nd and 3rd no one out - Danks up (who just bunt for a hit earlier) and no sacrifice.

Ventura has no concept of moving runners up - he especially has been amazingly bad about it this year.

#2 putting Webb in in the 9th.

We all knew as soon as Webb went in there the game was over. Put in Petricka he hasn't pitched much lately.

I would love Robin in some form in the organization - but he is not a MLB manager. He knew he wasn't when he took the job and why he was so hesitant.