Post-Ozzie Departure Managerial Search

ChiSoxJon

Who's bright idea was it to hire RV over Terry Francona? Wanted Francona over anyone so badly, at this point RV is one of the worst managers in baseball? I'm already thinking about our next managerial search (hopefully soon), thought about Ozzie, PK, Thome, Frank...hopefully I see a return of a passionate Ozzie one day with Coop as his PC, PK as his HC, Baines and Cora back (only somewhat joking). The Ozzie regime (Ozzie, PK, AJ, Buerhle, Dye, Jenks) is a whole lot more exciting than the RV regime of laziness and laidback-ness, hopefully we see Sale, Quintana, Rodon, Abreu, Sanchez, Alexei, Eaton, and Avi all under new better management

Williams wanted a house-horse.

Someone who would be loyal to him and Cooper.

I understand that, but why they picked someone who had never sat so much as a minute on a bench as a coach in any capacity, despite being retired for 7 years, is hard to figure.

I also don't understand the extension - unless it's Williams still calling the shots on such things.

Edited by GreenSox

Since we're not ignoring this....

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/11/16/repo...aking-2012-off/

Former Red Sox manager Terry Francona will be taking the 2012 season off.

Francona told 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Red Sox insider Sean McAdam of Comcast Sports New England he will not be managing next season, “for my benefit.”

“I need to take a step back and re-energize. That’s probably in my best interest right now. In fairness to myself, it’s the best thing to do,” Francona told McAdam on Wednesday.

Francona was not an option.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)
Williams wanted a house-horse.

Someone who would be loyal to him and Cooper.

I understand that, but why they picked someone who had never sat so much as a minute on a bench as a coach in any capacity, despite being retired for 7 years, is hard to figure.

I also don't understand the extension - unless it's Williams still calling the shots on such things.

How many years have you sat on a bench? You seem to think you have every answer.

Was Buck available? He's done wonders in Baltimore. He's one of the few difference makers on the bench IMO.

I wouldn't mind Thome. That would be cool if we have to keep picking ex-Sox. And Ozzie as his third base coach! Bring it on.

That said, I do feel sorry for Robin and can stomach him being skipper the next 10 years or so. Why? Cause he's been given this horrific roster. Robin does know baseball, folks. Believe that at least.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 09:57 PM)
Was Buck available? He's done wonders in Baltimore. He's one of the few difference makers on the bench IMO.

I wouldn't mind Thome. That would be cool if we have to keep picking ex-Sox. And Ozzie as his third base coach! Bring it on.

That said, I do feel sorry for Robin and can stomach him being skipper the next 10 years or so. Why? Cause he's been given this horrific roster. Robin does know baseball, folks. Believe that at least.

Showalter took over the O's job in 2010, so no....Also worth noting he had a 93 loss team his first full year there.