Double Header on Saturday

glangon

Ok, we have the double header on Saturday against the Tigers. How do you think we'll play this.

We have a number of options available.

1) We could go with what we have and call up a reliever / outfielder for the double header and run Sale in Game 1 and Q in Game 2 with Noesi pitching Sunday and rest days on Monday and Thursday next week.

2) We could call up Rienzo and pitch him on Saturday with 4 days rest or Sunday with 5 days rest.

3) We could call up Rodon and pitch him on Saturday, he is due to pitch for Charlotte that day anyway.

I personally would love to see Rodon, but I just have a feeling that we'll see Sale and Q on the Saturday and Noesi on the Sunday

They're allowed to do a one-game callup that doesn't hit the 40 man. But Hahn said no to Rodon.

My suggestion, since the Sox are not competing anyway: Matt Zaleski.

He's the only pitcher - ever, as far as I can tell - to play 11 seasons in just one organization and never make the majors. And he's actually been decent in AAA. Give him a start, save the MLB arms.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 10:05 AM)
They're allowed to do a one-game callup that doesn't hit the 40 man. But Hahn said no to Rodon.

He's the only pitcher - ever, as far as I can tell - to play 11 seasons in just one organization and never make the majors. And he's actually been decent in AAA. Give him a start, save the MLB arms.

Does his start date line up?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 10:06 AM)
Does his start date line up?

Last pitched Monday, so yes, quite well.

I should clarify, the player DOES need to be on the 40 man. But the 40 has 39 on it right now, he can be added, then immediately assigned outright to Charlotte. So he'd be off the 40 by 9/1 roster expansion day. And I doubt he's much of a claim risk.

He's also a Chicago area native (Arlington Heights).

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 10:02 AM)
Adam Dunn first game

Leury Garcia second game

I like the idea of starting Zaleski. Rienzo just pitched last night so I doubt he would be the guy.

So, start Zaleski in game one with Dunn and Leury as relievers. :D

I'm all for this.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 12:50 PM)
I'm game for Zaleski, but I also wouldn't mind Bassit comin up from AA...Give em a day to be with Coop and kinda give the org a better idea where they should start him next year. If he does well I'd start him in AAA, if not, give him some time in AA.

Bassit just got roughed up in his last outing.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 11:50 AM)
I'm game for Zaleski, but I also wouldn't mind Bassit comin up from AA...Give em a day to be with Coop and kinda give the org a better idea where they should start him next year. If he does well I'd start him in AAA, if not, give him some time in AA.

Bassitt has been assigned to the AFL, and if they put him on the 40, he'd have to clear waivers to get back off, I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that). So that means you are "popping" his 40 man status early, and keeping him there through the Rule V draft in December, because he'd almost assuredly get claimed. Seems like maybe not a good idea. He's also not pitched above AA.