Job stress, Work burnout

GASHWOUND

Here's a nice article on work burnout..It's interesting cause I have gone through it and I'm only 23 and have no kids, no girlfriend anymore...I can tell you that the long hours and stress was that did it with my ex and I.

How 'bout anyone here..anyone burned out?

Somebody mentioned it in my other thread too...so I'm not alone.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/952425.asp?vts=090120031955

It's probably more of a strain on people with families and s***..Right now it's tough with friends and s***..for me.

Right now I'm a lazy ass.

20 hours of work and then school :headbang

And school is actually fun for me. Only thing that blows is homework, but I figure do the homework now...get a kick ass job...retire early :D

Society causes this. Everyone is so obsessed with making money, being popular, and fitting in, that some people would dedicate their entire existence to it. Here is some advice. If your job is your #1 priority, you need help. Please get it. I am between jobs right now, and i was pretty successful, but there are SO MANY more important things.

Society causes this.  Everyone is so obsessed with making money, being popular, and fitting in, that some people would dedicate their entire existence to it. Here is some advice.  If your job is your #1 priority, you need help.  Please get it.  I am between jobs right now, and i was pretty successful, but there are SO MANY more important things.

Well, I'm not really obsessed on making money or being popular..It's not a priority for me, its a necessity...Gotta survive and with todays job market being Nil, economy being down...You gotta get what you can get..and if you can get a job that pays well you gotta take it..no matter how tough it is..if the job market was booming...well, people would have more options

I do get paid pretty well to have my own place at the age of 23...and I do have luxuries like a computer, satellite and s*** like that...

So right now I gotta keep on trucking..

Well, I'm not really obsessed on making money or being popular..It's not a priority for me, its a necessity...Gotta survive and with todays job market being Nil, economy being down...You gotta get what you can get..and if you can get a job that pays well you gotta take it..no matter how tough it is..if the job market was booming...well, people would have more options

I do get paid pretty well to have my own place at the age of 23...and I do have luxuries like a computer, satellite and s*** like that...

So right now I gotta keep on trucking..

That you do, just dont let it stress you again. God is giving you a 2nd chance. TAKE IT.

Society causes this.  Everyone is so obsessed with making money, being popular, and fitting in, that some people would dedicate their entire existence to it. Here is some advice.  If your job is your #1 priority, you need help.  Please get it.  I am between jobs right now, and i was pretty successful, but there are SO MANY more important things.

It is even worse now with the job market basically dictating that no matter how bad your job is, that you have to stick with it, because there is no way to find another comperable job right now.

Tell me about it. It takes 1.5hrs (on average) to get to work and about the same to get hom, I have to work 8-5 because they don't pay for lunch (not many, if any engineering jobs pay for lunch) so by the time I get home I am so tired and worn that even traveling the 4 miles to see my sister and nephew becomes a challenge.

My bf has it bad too because he had been (and will be for awhile) working the 6pm to 6am slot at work because of jobs cuts - they are trying to stretch 2 shifts worth of work over 1.25 shifts worth of people. Needless to say, he and I are lucky if we see each other one day a week (and we live together!) and that day is usually filled with errands and an occasional family get-together. It sucks, but as everyone is saying, with this job market, there are no choices.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well i agree with 1 out of those three.. everyone is obsessed with making money.. i could give two s***s about being popular and trying to fit in though.....either like me or dont i dont care one way or the other..... the only thing i care about is supporting my family and making sure they have everything they need to be sucessful, well rounded adults when they get to that point in life.....all other good fortunes that come our way are just an added bonus in the journey.......

I'm burned out...burned the f*** out.

National Organization Reforming Marijuana Laws, Students for a Sensible Drug Policy, National Campaign to Impeach Bush, Student Peace Action, National Peace Action Network, Amnesty International, Students for Kucinich etc...plus schoolwork, social life, and having time for personal enjoyment.

But luckily I get a few days off since I am gonna get doped up out of my mind on nitrous and painkillers because all 4 of the wisdom teeth are coming out as of 9:45 am Friday

I'm burned out...burned the f*** out.

National Organization Reforming Marijuana Laws, Students for a Sensible Drug Policy, National Campaign to Impeach Bush, Student Peace Action, National Peace Action Network, Amnesty International, Students for Kucinich etc...plus schoolwork, social life, and having time for personal enjoyment.

But luckily I get a few days off since I am gonna get doped up out of my mind on nitrous and painkillers because all 4 of the wisdom teeth are coming out as of 9:45 am Friday

Ouch. Have fun. :ph34r: