Twins Release David Ortiz

aboz56

Guest hotsoxchick1

i had the wrong ortiz... anyhow lol since you already read it ....i heard were giving paulie for the other ortiz pitcher from the giants.......i hope that the info is wrong but today or tomorrow its supposed to happen... i also heard that lee was a posiblity but they need paulie more out west.....and it makes a bit of sense if they plan to play frank at 1st......im worried.... very worried......

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

there will be at least one if not two minor players from us also involved.... no word on cash though.....

With Lee I can see it. It better be straight up if we're losing Paulie. Maybe one other player. And then KW better pray this guy has a steel labrum.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I'd be willing to pick up Ortiz for cheap, if the Sox do get rid of Carlos Lee.

hmm im not sure if someone can help out with salaries but .... liefer or ortiz? or even snow?? most likely i dont see us keeping liefer around if we got some proven vets available that dont complain and can hit in the clutch.

Originally posted by CubKilla

Since this thread went the way of the SF Ortiz/Konerko rumor, was the title of this thread true or a mistake? Was Minnesota's Ortiz released? :huh

this is not a rumor. ortiz was released by the twins to make room for Rule 5 pick Jose Morban.

i think they tried a number of times to work out something with ortiz but it never turned into a deal that both sides could live with.

Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
Originally posted by CubKilla

Since this thread went the way of the SF Ortiz/Konerko rumor, was the title of this thread true or a mistake? Was Minnesota's Ortiz released? :huh

this is not a rumor. ortiz was released by the twins to make room for Rule 5 pick Jose Morban.

i think they tried a number of times to work out something with ortiz but it never turned into a deal that both sides could live with.

Can this Ortiz pitch????? :mad: :mad: :mad: