Ray Rice Cut and Suspended Indefinitely

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
It wasn't to protect Rice. It's all about keeping the money train rolling. They don't care about women who get hit. They don't care about their own players dying prematurely from liver failure and such from being fed pain pills like candy. They fought tooth and nail to squash any concussion research regarding longterm affects from playing football.

Except he ultimately started out protecting Rice with this whole thing. It had zero to do about money at that point, and really, still doesn't.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 05:43 PM)
Except he ultimately started out protecting Rice with this whole thing. It had zero to do about money at that point, and really, still doesn't.

It's all about protecting their brand. They don't want to lose any customers ($). Roger is just a puppet for the owners.

Oh, and that guy in San Francisco is still playing, why? Because there isn't an incriminating video playing on every local and national news channel.

:sweep: under the rug

Edited by Big Hurtin

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
It's all about protecting their brand. They don't want to lose any customers ($). Roger is just a puppet for the owners.

Oh, and that guy in San Francisco is still playing, why? Because there isn't an incriminating video playing on every local and national news channel.

:sweep: under the rug

Being soft on Ray Rice doesn't protect the brand, and you could argue actually cost then more customers and money.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 06:25 PM)
Good guy Ray who only made this one mistake, spit on his fiancé twice before he knocked her out.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/115...h-lines-reports

She was probably being really annoying.

You know what else is telling? Even after she was knocked out, he didn't have any sort of "oh s***" moment, he was just dragging her out, looking annoyed. Didn't have the looks of someone who hit her for the first time.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:00 PM)

You know what else is telling? Even after she was knocked out, he didn't have any sort of "oh s***" moment, he was just dragging her out, looking annoyed. Didn't have the looks of someone who hit her for the first time.

I know when I knock someone out at a bar, I try to look like I do it all of the time.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)

She was spitting on him just the same.

Seriously, why are you both going down this road again?

They are both obviously troubled. I'm not sure how we can take what either of them says at face value.

Not one person has justified what Rice did, however. And yet here the two of you go again.

You really want to talk about being annoying...

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 05:18 PM)
After getting mocked for suggesting this probably wasn't the first time, I don't feel bad about it at all.

No one mocked you. The two lawyers decided they wanted to play "defend Ray Rice in court," because their afternoons were slow, and raised the point that there weren't any other instances of this that had been made public.

You busted out expertise on domestic abuse and argued back at them.

Fun was had by all.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:04 PM)
She was spitting on him just the same.

Seriously, why are you both going down this road again?

They are both obviously troubled. I'm not sure how we can take what either of them says at face value.

Not one person has justified what Rice did, however. And yet here the two of you go again.

You really want to talk about being annoying...

This info didn't come from either of them, its from hotel security. Where did you see that she was spitting on him?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:18 PM)
After getting mocked for suggesting this probably wasn't the first time, I don't feel bad about it at all.

Yup.

BTW, Shack, I pointed out something that I don't think was pointed out before - his actions after the punches. I think that's relevant/interesting.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 05:32 PM)
Yup.

BTW, Shack, I pointed out something that I don't think was pointed out before - his actions after the punches. I think that's relevant/interesting.

The fact that he dragged her out was pointed out numerous times, but your intent, as evidenced by the way you led your post off, but to take a jab at posters here, not to bring something "relevant/interesting" to the table.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 05:32 PM)
This info didn't come from either of them, its from hotel security. Where did you see that she was spitting on him?

On the drive home from work....they have a legal/sports segment every Thursday, and the lawyer and host said it appeared they were both spitting on one another in the elevator.