We should lose to Oakland today on purpose

sin city sox fan

The A's are in a serious race for a wild card spot and it would be a shame for Adam Dunn to miss out on the postseason. He accommodated the trade for us when he didn't have to do so and its time for us to repay the favor. I know Sale is pitching so it may be a little tough, but load the lineup with scrubs and go to the bullpen early. Help make sure the donkey plays in October (and if we can eliminate Detroit in the process, its even better)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 11:11 AM)
from "if someone else wasnt manager, the Sox would have far and away the best record in the league" to "we should lose on purpose"

"But what kind of manager is Ventura to have instructed his team to lose on purpose?"

OR

"Ventura is an awful manager, how could he win this game when the team clearly needs to lose to cement their draft position?"

I want all the young players and core pieces to do well, and I want Danks to do as well as possible so we can maybe get some money back there. Other than that stuff I hope we suck balls.

Perfect game for us:

-One of our starters goes 7, pitches great. All of our core hitters get on base or hit meaningless home runs with no one on. Every time there are RISP someone like Michael Taylor comes up and K's or GIDP. Then those couple relievers who could be part of our future pitch well in relief, and if the game is pretty close or we're ahead, someone like Maikel Cleto or Scott Carroll coughs up like 9 runs in 0.2 IP just to make sure we're at a good margin.

Under no circumstances would I want to help Dunn. And there's nothing we can do anyway, he will singlehandedly take the A's out of the playoff picture. Which IMO is unfortunate because I wanted the A's to win this year, and even with Dunn I'd rather see the A's come out of the AL than any other team besides maybe Toronto (who are also fading). Actually I'd love to see them win it all, after all the moves Beane made to try to win, and after all the s*** those guys have gone through even after helping evolve the game, I'd love to see them come out on top. Unfortunately though Dunn is a gigantic turd helping to weight that thing down.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 11:13 AM)
"But what kind of manager is Ventura to have instructed his team to lose on purpose?"

OR

"Ventura is an awful manager, how could he win this game when the team clearly needs to lose to cement their draft position?"

I don't think there's anything Robin could ever do to turn a bad team into a winner. I also don't think there's anything Robin could ever do to turn a good team into a winner. Remember: Robin is in manager tank mode as well and he's doing everything he can (whether he knows it or not) to ensure we have someone else running the show in 2016.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 11:21 AM)
I want all the young players and core pieces to do well, and I want Danks to do as well as possible so we can maybe get some money back there. Other than that stuff I hope we suck balls.

Perfect game for us:

-One of our starters goes 7, pitches great. All of our core hitters get on base or hit meaningless home runs with no one on. Every time there are RISP someone like Michael Taylor comes up and K's or GIDP. Then those couple relievers who could be part of our future pitch well in relief, and if the game is pretty close or we're ahead, someone like Maikel Cleto or Scott Carroll coughs up like 9 runs in 0.2 IP just to make sure we're at a good margin.

Under no circumstances would I want to help Dunn. And there's nothing we can do anyway, he will singlehandedly take the A's out of the playoff picture. Which IMO is unfortunate because I wanted the A's to win this year, and even with Dunn I'd rather see the A's come out of the AL than any other team besides maybe Toronto (who are also fading). Actually I'd love to see them win it all, after all the moves Beane made to try to win, and after all the s*** those guys have gone through even after helping evolve the game, I'd love to see them come out on top. Unfortunately though Dunn is a gigantic turd helping to weight that thing down.

I actually hope Michael Taylor does really well. Not just to spite you, but because I would not mind him on the team next year. He hits the ball really, really hard.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 11:21 AM)

Perfect game for us:

Adam Dunn's done nothing but help Oakland's offense so far:

.292/.370/.542 so far.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 11:39 AM)
I hope to one day raise unicorns as meat animals. Probably not happening either.

The possibility has to exist. Michael Taylor does exist. He is a human entity currently playing baseball for the Chicago White Sox baseball organization. Unicorns do not exist except in fictional fantasy and video games.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 10:24 AM)
The A's are in a serious race for a wild card spot and it would be a shame for Adam Dunn to miss out on the postseason. He accommodated the trade for us when he didn't have to do so and its time for us to repay the favor. I know Sale is pitching so it may be a little tough, but load the lineup with scrubs and go to the bullpen early. Help make sure the donkey plays in October (and if we can eliminate Detroit in the process, its even better)

That sounds like a great idea, i mean adam did so much for us here we should try to help him make it to the playoffs. The only thing i can think he did good for us was help us loss a lot last year so we could get rodon.

You dont have to worry about the kitty kats. They beat themselves every year in the playoffs.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 10:24 AM)

no.

I want the Tigers to win the division. They have a lot of players I like and not really any players I can think of that I don't like. Rajai Davis is stupid but he's done well for them. I aqlso LOVE the way Illitch does whatever he can to win, I respect that a lot. Remember when the Tigers had like a gazillion dollars in bad contracts, i.e. Inge, Robertson, Maggs, IRoid, Bonderman, etc.? It seemed like they were doomed forever.... nope. They traded for and immediately extended Miguel Cabrera (why? because unlike the Sox they drafted guys who fell & played the same game the Red Sox & Yanks did, giving them Miller and Maybin which on paper at the time trumped our offer, even though our offer was better in the end) AND after the Cabrera deal they traded Curtis Granderson (gee, an org that can develop a toolsy OFer) and EJax who they pretty much stole for Scherzer and Austin Jackson, as well as Coke who did a good job for them for a while.

Yeah I can't hate the Tigers. They have a lot of players I'd love to have and an owner I'd also love to have. Dombrowski is very Kenny Williams like, and he almost got burned by it a couple of times (see: Jair Jurrjens who for awhile was terrific in ATL) but overall has won a lot more than he's lost. And also, throughout all their underachieving - and they have done that a TON over recent years - they still win, and as a Tigers fans you are still expecting to win, vs. sitting here in September dreaming on the likes of Michael Taylor and Andy Wilkins. Kudos to them, I want them to win over KC because they try harder, they have better players, better ownership, a better GM, and they don't sit around waiting for miracles. What big move have the Royals made since the Shields deal? They should have spent to fortify that team, but Vargas & Infante were all they did. They're benefitting from Yordano & a great pen, but they haven't done enough. Go Tigers IMO.

I'd like to see:

Tigers from the Central

Angels have the West even though I'd root against them

O's have the East, but they're a nice story

Seattle vs. Oak for the WC with Oakland winning

Then I'd root for (in order) Oakland, Tigers, O's, any NL team, Angels dead last

*Edit: I like Toronto too but I don't think they have a chance. They have a case of 2003 Soxitis, poor MB :(

Edited by The Ultimate Champion