We should lose to Oakland today on purpose

sin city sox fan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 12:30 PM)
I am just assuming you are cheering for Oakland the hardest because you want to see Adam Dunn go out on top.

I've never personally hated Adam Dunn. Really, I was just very upset by the way the Sox acted re: his contract. He should have been gone a long time ago, and whether Dunn was an asset to the clubhouse or not, even he didn't want to be here.

The Sox were cheap and petty. They couldn't admit their mistake and move on, take the hit, and start over. They acted like babies over one bad deal. Dunn was a terrific signing at the time: and yes KW made it, but Hahn also negotiated that deal. Both KW & Hahn wanted Dunn, we as fans wanted Dunn (there was famously 1 poster here who didn't, that's it) but it didn't work out.

I don't blame Dunn. I highly doubt he ever wanted to become an absolute disaster. Nobody wants to suck ass. If you're used to hitting in the .250 range with around 40 bombs and an OBP that rates you near the top of the league, you want to keep doing that. You don't want to fall off a cliff. But he did, and he himself couldn't seem to move forward and neither could our cheapass organization. And that's really the problem, not Dunn, but us, our organization.

I don't hate Dunn. I'm glad he's gone but this should have happened along time ago. Now I know why Marty always wanted JR to sell. Where the f*** is Marty BTW? Our organization is cheap and stubborn as s*** sometimes, and Dunn is the classic example. But that doesn't matter.

As it relates to the A's specifically, I love the way Billy Beane has really gone down every possible avenue to build a winner. I absolutely HATE the style of baseball that says take walks and hit 3-run HRs, but I LOVE pitching and defense, and smart baseball, playing to home park advantages, etc. and Beane has done all of those things. Too much focus is put on OBP and too much of the Beane hate seems to come from disdain for measures like OBP and OPS defining an offense, but not nearly enough credit has gone to those guys for running out beautiful pitching + defense based teams over the years and winning with a tight budget. IMO, and I've always been on more of the opposite side re: stats and stuff, but those are the guys who deserve to win. Those are the guys the baseball gods should smile upon this year. JMO. For the longest time people b****ed about the walk+3run HR style of play and so on but really the A's haven't been that way in forever, and even when they were they still had Mulder, Hudson, and Zito.

But anyway Dunn is still a turd and that's that.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 11:45 AM)
The possibility has to exist. Michael Taylor does exist. He is a human entity currently playing baseball for the Chicago White Sox baseball organization. Unicorns do not exist except in fictional fantasy and video games.

You're assuming you won't one day get your meat from video games.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)
This was how I read this post.

Also, Nolan Sanburn is still a pretty damn good return for what Dunn was.

You are so cruel to me :(

I can't even call you a dick.

You're worst than dick.

You are the empty flatugence existing in the wake of the dick's passing, wishing you had the resilence to sputter on your way out, but instead. stretched to your utmost liimits, you only can go silently, filling the room up with yoiur stink.

You should be nicer to me wite.

:(

Also Nolan Sandobrn probably isn't very good. You go from touching 99 in college to touching 94 in the pen in the minros, I think Bassitt is probably best case given the saupposed secondary stuff - and not that I am complaining either, I'd take a Bassitt type for Dunn no question.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
You are so cruel to me :(

I can't even call you a dick.

You're worst than dick.

You are the empty flatugence existing in the wake of the dick's passing, wishing you had the resilence to sputter on your way out, but instead. stretched to your utmost liimits, you only can go silently, filling the room up with yoiur stink.

You should be nicer to me wite.

:(

Also Nolan Sandobrn probably isn't very good. You go from touching 99 in college to touching 94 in the pen in the minros, I think Bassitt is probably best case given the saupposed secondary stuff - and not that I am complaining either, I'd take a Bassitt type for Dunn no question.

I think this is one of those cases where a boy is picking on a girl in elementary school because he likes her, and he's not willing to admit it because that's not the cool thing to do but then he actually hurts her and he's deeply upset and then when people make fun of him for that he's all "I'M NOT CRYING, I JUST...I JUST...I DON'T KNOW!"

Except in this scenario, you are the boy and Adam Dunn is the girl and now that the girl has moved away you miss her and long for her throughout the cold nights of the winter, longing for her intimate touch and to embrace her, knowing you missed your opportunity to do so when she left.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
I think this is one of those cases where a boy is picking on a girl in elementary school because he likes her, and he's not willing to admit it because that's not the cool thing to do but then he actually hurts her and he's deeply upset and then when people make fun of him for that he's all "I'M NOT CRYING, I JUST...I JUST...I DON'T KNOW!"

Except in this scenario, you are the boy and Adam Dunn is the girl and now that the girl has moved away you miss her and long for her throughout the cold nights of the winter, longing for her intimate touch and to embrace her, knowing you missed your opportunity to do so when she left.

Hey as long as I get to be the boy in that scenario I'm cool with it.

The only thing I'll miss about Dunn is the....

uhh......

hmmmm.,.....

uh,.....

wait. lemme think.....

uhhhhh....

...hmmm....

Yeah I guess I'm stumped.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 02:42 PM)
Anyway,..... back to the A's stuff, I really hope they are able to advance in the playoffs. Wite & I will root for them together, for very differnent reasons obviously.

I wouldn't say very different. I will just also root for them due to the Adam Dunn factor. :)

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 02:39 PM)
Hey as long as I get to be the boy in that scenario I'm cool with it.

The only thing I'll miss about Dunn is the....

uhh......

hmmmm.,.....

uh,.....

wait. lemme think.....

uhhhhh....

...hmmm....

Yeah I guess I'm stumped.

My favorite is all the homers. He did hit quite a few of them. If you just remember those, and convenienty forget the sheer number of times he struck out, it's all good.