Ortiz to Sox

Cerbaho-WG

Guest hotsoxchick1

lee at first.. now thats a novel idea.. hell he cant even catch the ball in lf so hes supposed to catch one at first better??? oh please wake me up and get me out of this nightmare................

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by baggio202

all these trades the last 2 years and possibly more to come..and dumbass caballo , probably the most unaware ballplayer in the history of the game will still be in lf???...

Makes you wanna :puke doesn't it?

:puke:puke:puke:puke:puke:puke

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by spataro51

Well I can tell you when thing... the Giants really like the white sox players. First the white flag trade, then they sign durham now they want konerko. That is really nice yep we willl see them in the playoffs this year again.

and we should be the ones going to the playoffs with our guys....think about this one... no one is left on the team nor down on the farm from the old white flag trades.. is it time to restock the shelves?????? whoever said white flag 2, im starting to think they are right.........

We got Russ Ortiz? Are you positive? THAT WOULD BE GREAT! Screw Koney, just give me some pitching and well be great! I mean, we still have Frank, Maggs, Crede, Jimenez and others for the offense but we have no one other than Buerhle for pitching! Ortiz is a proven winner, hell be great! Koney also pulled a huge choke job down the stretch last year. Real hitters like Frank and Maggs came alive down the stretch. You can tell a good hitter from a great one by how they do in the late months. Koneys not as good as you all think. If we get Ortiz and Snow (Ainsworth isnt even neccessary but he would sweeten it) for Konerko that would be awesome. If the Colon trade happens too, we would have the following lineup:

Jimenez SS

Vidro 2B

Thomas DH

Ordonez RF

Snow 1B (Snows also got a great glove, which Koney doesnt)

Crede 3B

Lee LF

Rowand CF

Barrett C

Rotation:

Buehrle

Ortiz

Colon

Wright

Rauch

We would be easy ALC favorites, barring a huge choke...

I wouldn't call Konerko bad.

this is a pretty even deal when basing on talent.

We are giving up a .290, 30 HR, 100 RBI guy for a 15 win, 4.25, 200+ inning pitcher who is just 28.

I really like Konerko and I think he's a great publicity guy for this team, but pitching is pitching, and I think I could handle losing our #5 hitter for a #2 pitcher and a first baseman with a great glove and, IF HEALTHY, a solid 80-90 RBI bat.

if that deal were to go down, and Snow is HEALTHY, I could deal with it. we would be losing 15 RBI or so, but would gain a 15-win pitcher.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by sufferingsoxfan

No trades are going to happen.  Colon is definitely not coming.  Konerko is staying.  They are sticking with what they have.

colon may not be coming here but there will be a deal made somewhere along the line you can count on that much....as far as paulie is concerned he like everyone else is fair game........

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by sufferingsoxfan

No trades are going to happen.  Colon is definitely not coming.  Konerko is staying.  They are sticking with what they have.

colon may not be coming here but there will be a deal made somewhere along the line you can count on that much....as far as paulie is concerned he like everyone else is fair game........

Is Williams still dealing now or is he back in Chicago? A friend in San Franciso says that they have heard that Lee would be the key player from the Sox? Ideas?

Guest hotsoxchick1

kw is back in chicago but that doesnt mean his phone line isnt open.. im sure its ringing off the hook nite and day............i have heard lee's name tossed around but him being kw's ass buddy im sure he wont deal lee anywhere.....the only things that have been heard around these parts have already been posted..... nothing new yet... maybe in this case no news is good news....i dont know.......

Guest hotsoxchick1

come on now would you take that chance showtime????? lmao... he cant even catch in lf ... what makes ya think if he moves to 1st things would be different...........lol

KW said in October that the progress Lee made in the second half, it would be very hard to trade him.

It is pretty obvious KW wanted Thomas to sign elsewhere so he can have the cash to spend on pitcher. NOW, that Thomas is back, he needs to trade someone to add salary.

See, the Konerko for Ortiz rumor is the big rumor, but that is only logical if Snow is added, because the Giants want to dump salary, BUT the sox can't "afford" to add any either.

The Lee and minor leaguer for Ortiz seems much more logical cause their salaries are even, but then again, the Giants want to dump salary.

very very weird.

I think if KW had his way, he would deal Thomas for Ortiz.

just that he wants a pitcher, and it could very well cost us Konerko and money.

Guest hotsoxchick1

thomas and his new contract have set himself up for something different down the line.... frank may not be here long but he isnt going to sf anytime soon either........

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1come on now would you take that chance showtime????? lmao... he cant even catch in lf ... what makes ya think if he moves to 1st things would be different...........lol

Well, he can't be in LF with Bonds. And him in RF, in Pac Bell wouldn't be good.

Guest hotsoxchick1

him anywhere on the field in any park (espically in the twinkie bag) is a bad thing.... he looses to many in the lights or sun or whatever it is he can use as an excuse for not catching the damn ball......

Guest hotsoxchick1

oh come on now.. he can use a phone... remember the gord ash transcripts??? lol..... we know he can do at least that much.. now who dials it for him is another story....lol

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

him anywhere on the field in any park (espically in the twinkie bag) is a bad thing.... he looses to many in the lights or sun or whatever it is he can use as an excuse for not catching the damn ball......

Oh god...LMFAO....Lee is such a funny ass player...he can hit the s*** out of the ball one inning and then give it back the next inning with his foolish play in the field.

I guess we should be lucky that he actually became a good player for us...remember the last time a move was made involving a player and the positions of OF and 3B? That stupid ass is head honcho, aside from JR of course. If Lee would have pulled a choke job, he probably would have been our new GM in about 15 years.

Does anyone else find it strange that Peter Gammons is the only person who says this will happen and he said it on ESPN News... not online, not on Sportscenter. The radio doesn't seem to be reporting it, I can't find it anywhere online. I think it is all a little bit fishy. I don't see Ortiz in a Sox uni but thats just me.

you guys are living too much in 2001.

seriously, Lee was a solid defensive player in 2000, was bad in 2001, and was solid again this past season. people just continually remember 2001 and the constant mistakes he made.

he wasn't bad in 2002, especially since he was playing left field, not a position for defensive wizards.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by HawkDJ

Does anyone else find it strange that Peter Gammons is the only person who says this will happen and he said it on ESPN News... not online, not on Sportscenter. The radio doesn't seem to be reporting it, I can't find it anywhere online. I think it is all a little bit fishy. I don't see Ortiz in a Sox uni but thats just me.

hawk it was not only reported on the espn news but it was also reported in sf... go check their mlb boards... they are foaming at the mouth for this deal to happen and they want us to take on snow too...............