2014-2015 MLB off season player movement and rumors thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 09:17 AM)
I read something yesterday that even though all these guys are in the same place, most trade discussion is still occurring through email and text.

I figured. Still pretty cool though. If it were me, i'd knock on hotel room and say lets make a deal.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think the cubs and nats will make something happen for one of their pitchers and maybe even Harper. They're one of the few teams to have the assests to make it happen and look forward to locking them up long term at market rate.

QUOTE (beautox @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 09:20 AM)
I honestly think the cubs and nats will make something happen for one of their pitchers and maybe even Harper. They're one of the few teams to have the assests to make it happen and look forward to locking them up long term at market rate.

If its for Harper, then Soler, Baez and Edwards will be gone.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 09:19 AM)
No way Tigers take on Scherzer at this point if they are acquiring a Reds pitcher. I would just take the draft pick.

Between Miggy and Verlander, I really wonder if the Tigers can take on another 6 or 7 year deal, whether it is Scherzer or Price or if they do get a Reds stud.

Eventually, they will have to scale back. Maybe this is just one final shot before going a little cheaper.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
Dowd was saying the Dodgers wanted to get under the luxury tax because they were about to start paying dollar for dollar.

How does that work? If they send all the money for Haren and Gordon to Miami, does that count towards their total or not?

It should, unless they trade Ethier/Crawford maybe?

According to CJ Nitkowski of FOX Sports 1, Red Sox outfielder Yoenis Cespedes has been traded to the Tigers for right-handed starter Rick Porcello.

Alex Wilson, a right-handed reliever, is also headed to Detroit in the deal along with a low-level minor league pitcher. The Tigers wanted to add an outfield bat and they found a good one in Cespedes, but giving up Porcello couldn't have been an easy call. Porcello had a career year in 2014 at age 25, posting a 3.43 ERA in 204 2/3 innings for Detroit. Cespedes and Porcello will both be free agents next winter.

Source: CJ Nitkowski on Twitter

Hope Detroit plans on scoring 7 runs a game because the pitching they have right now sucks.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 09:37 AM)
According to CJ Nitkowski of FOX Sports 1, Red Sox outfielder Yoenis Cespedes has been traded to the Tigers for right-handed starter Rick Porcello.

Alex Wilson, a right-handed reliever, is also headed to Detroit in the deal along with a low-level minor league pitcher. The Tigers wanted to add an outfield bat and they found a good one in Cespedes, but giving up Porcello couldn't have been an easy call. Porcello had a career year in 2014 at age 25, posting a 3.43 ERA in 204 2/3 innings for Detroit. Cespedes and Porcello will both be free agents next winter.

Hope Detroit plans on scoring 7 runs a game because the pitching they have right now sucks.

Verlander, Sanchez, ?, ?, ?.

Ugly

Edited by SoxPride18

Adding Cespedes isn't going to help them in scoring 7 runs per game.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
Do they have the pieces to get Cueto...?

No they don't unless a 3rd team is involved but I can't see that. Has to be Leake with Latos close to the Marlins.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
Their bullpen on the other hand............

Atrocious.

They're getting Simon. I was worried it'd be Latos or somehow cueto. This past season was his first as a full time starter, at 33 years old and made the all star team but sucked in the second half. Now moving to the al

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 10:30 AM)
They're getting Simon. I was worried it'd be Latos or somehow cueto. This past season was his first as a full time starter, at 33 years old and made the all star team but sucked in the second half. Now moving to the al

Link?