US Cellular renovations

Dick Allen

My source has told me that there will be some sort of renovation done to the Upper deck.

She has not heard what the exact details are, but she said the options are removing rows off of the left-field side of the Upper deck, and extended RF deck into a HR porch.

The other idea is to chop off a certain amount of rows around the whole park, and put a roof over the top.

I am curious as to which one you guys prefer.

Word. :snr

I think they should lower the upperdeck and make a homer porch. Other then that, I think the Sox already have a pretty nice stadium, although green painted seats would be really nice, imo.

The blue seats are an eyesore for sure

Oh please...

You kids and your college lifestyle!

Talk to me when your life includes more than rolling out of bed after crawling across the floor to get to it the night before. Mandatory showering before leaving the house/dorm/apartment. And when dinner does NOT include something frosted, crispy, fruity, or made by Kraft.  :bang

That's not my life. So I'm talking to you!

Guest hotsoxchick1
Has anyone heard of the future renovations to the Cell? I'm wondering if they are having difficulty converting US Cellular's $3.5 million a year into construction bonds. I was going through  the media guide yesterday, and it said the future renovations were supposed to be announced during the first half of this season. Maybe its gonna cost a little more than was previously thought.

the only things i have heard of is that the ud will undergo some slight renovations this year....supposedly they are to take out 10 rows from the top and put some type of roof in place....there was talk about a hr porch eariler in the year, but i think with the addition of the fan deck that has been put on the back burner because i havent heard much else about it ....havent heard about moving anyone from the ud or around the ud, so i would imagine that this will all take place after the season is done...... :huh: