Addison Reed trade from DBacks' perspective

caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 10:46 PM)
Well, you have proof of sorts that Jones would be a fine closer. I guess I'm going to have to see it to believe it in terms of racking up dozens of saves like Reed does. Nice stats, though.

Addison Reed has 31 saves. I know we are only looking at advanced stats, but cmon. Petricka ain't a 31-save guy. I'll give you he's probably the best option in our crud bullpen though.

Based on their stats, if Reed is a 31 save guy, Petricka is a 40 save guy.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 10:46 PM)
Well, you have proof of sorts that Jones would be a fine closer. I guess I'm going to have to see it to believe it in terms of racking up dozens of saves like Reed does. Nice stats, though.

Addison Reed has 31 saves. I know we are only looking at advanced stats, but cmon. Petricka ain't a 31-save guy. I'll give you he's probably the best option in our crud bullpen though.

Wade Davis only has 3 saves this year, what a lousy reliever. Don't even get me started on Dellin Betances in NY, only 1 save???

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 03:11 AM)
Is anybody THAT high on Petricka? I mean he might be the best of our rotten bullpen and I wish him the best but is he a great prospect?

No I don't think anyone is that high on Petricka. He's very similar to what Reed gave the White Sox though. If Hahn turned around this offseason and traded Petricka for a position player prospect, that was highly regarded with 6 years of control attached, everyone would like that deal too.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 08:28 AM)
No I don't think anyone is that high on Petricka. He's very similar to what Reed gave the White Sox though. If Hahn turned around this offseason and traded Petricka for a position player prospect, that was highly regarded with 6 years of control attached, everyone would like that deal too.

At least until hindsight kicked in.