SSS looks at Danks mechanics changes

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 10:09 PM)
Not to shed salary, they're rolling in dough.

It's to ease the chemistry issues created trying to balance the respective egos of Kemp and Puig, getting enough at-bats for Ethier and Crawford to keep them sharp and productive as well as opening up a position for super prospect Joc Pederson.

not for the dodgers as you said, but to entice another team to absorbed that salary.

you are right

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 05:23 PM)
Danks is #20 in the AL and #49 in MLB in IP.

Yea but "innings eater" that is below replacement are at replacement isn't eating much except a s*** sandwich! :D

If he can't post an ERA + of around 90 then what good is his 25 starts to a contender? I'd rather ship him off with cash to a team that is looking to rebuild and can maybe try and rehab some of his trade value while they do.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 04:27 PM)
Yea but "innings eater" that is below replacement are at replacement isn't eating much except a s*** sandwich! :D

If he can't post an ERA + of around 90 then what good is his 25 starts to a contender? I'd rather ship him off with cash to a team that is looking to rebuild and can maybe try and rehab some of his trade value while they do.

That is a move of the goalposts to another standard. Danks is covering innings. And as SSS did point out in the article, if we had replaced Danks with Rienzo for a good chunk of those innings, that 4.8 era becomes something like 5.35.

Finally no rebuilding team wants an expensive "s*** sandwich". They want prospects. Again, the only way Danks gets dealt in the real world is for a different flavor or s*** sandwich.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 04:42 PM)
That is a move of the goalposts to another standard. Danks is covering innings. And as SSS did point out in the article, if we had replaced Danks with Rienzo for a good chunk of those innings, that 4.8 era becomes something like 5.35.

Finally no rebuilding team wants an expensive "s*** sandwich". They want prospects. Again, the only way Danks gets dealt in the real world is for a different flavor or s*** sandwich.

Fair enough. I don't think Danks will ever be anything more than a 5th starter post surgery so I am of the mind to dump him for a bag of balls and find a better 5th starter next year.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 10:55 PM)
Fair enough. I don't think Danks will ever be anything more than a 5th starter post surgery so I am of the mind to dump him for a bag of balls and find a better 5th starter next year.

fair enuf, I am in the thinking that danks will improve, not to a #2 or 3 pitcher but a

good pitcher. all this discussion is a subjective point of view.