Let's Grade the Players, Coaches, Hahn for 2014

greg775

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)
When Robin was hired, I was one of the posters who complained that hiring a manager with zero experience was a bad move. Many people defended the move saying that a manager does not need experience to do a good job. Now I think the bullpen and overall weak roster was the main problem with the 2014 team. That weak roster extended to the AAA team since that is where teams look to find replacements for injuries and non-performers. You give Hahn an A and he is responsible for the overall weak lineup and the makeup of the bullpen. You give Cooper a B and he is responsible for the production from that bullpen that Hahn gave him. But you give Robin a D for the overall results. If Hahn had assembled a good bullpen or if Cooper developed a good bullpen the team probably was a .500 team. That would have made robin a pretty good manager.

That's pretty good stuff right there in print for all to read.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 01:05 PM)
I'm not posting grades for irrelevant players that have no bearing on the future of the White Sox. Sale and Q both get A's. Abreu and Eaton get A's. All 4 lived up to or exceeded expectations. Avisail is an incomplete because of the injury. The front office gets an A because there wasn't more they could have done. It's well been well documented throughout this thread how good of a job Hahn has done. I mean of course terrible baseball players will get terrible grades from a message board poster. I don't have the time for that though.

I like this post. However, I think you could have issued grades in the time it took to write it. So what's this about not having the time?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic