Bye Bye Michael

hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 04:25 AM)
Michael Taylor went the route of free agency. Try not to cry - I'm trying my best as well but failing miserably... The world will never again be complete.

don't put up with the agony. kill yourself.

:ph34r:

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 03:24 PM)
Very wise advise - metaphysicaly speaking, of course.

my friend, I am always sooo happy to provide sage like advise to you youngins.

you can help guide young Joshua Strong along the same path.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 07:43 AM)
Bit annoying this, traded an intriguing prospect for him and then he crushes AAA and holds his own in the majors and we lose him

Traded an org filler arm for him. And honestly, to me he's not a lot different than Jordan Danks or Moises Sierra in terms of role and likely impact. Nothing worth worrying about losing. Taylor's hit tool is better than Danks', but Danks is a better defender, can play all three slots well, and has a little more power.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 10:19 AM)
Dude has got a REALLY long swing. It is obvious why he can crush MiLB pitching, but not MLB pitching.

It was really long alright. More annoyed that we'd give up Sanchez for him and then release him when he overperformed expectations. I was intrigued by Sanchez, I respect NS72's opinion and maybe he is org filler, but he has put up really nice K:BB numbers everywhere, I would have been interested in shoving him up a few levels.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 09:22 AM)
It was really long alright. More annoyed that we'd give up Sanchez for him and then release him when he overperformed expectations. I was intrigued by Sanchez, I respect NS72's opinion and maybe he is org filler, but he has put up really nice K:BB numbers everywhere, I would have been interested in shoving him up a few levels.

Sanchez' numbers were good. But he was 2+ years old for his level, and the few scouting reports we got indicated there wasn't a ton there to work with. He's not a bad guy to have in the system - for every 20 like him, maybe 5 make it to the higher minors levels and succeed there, and maybe one might briefly see the majors.

But at the time the Sox needed another MLB-caliber OF in the wings (as guys like Thompson, Mitchell, etc. clearly aren't ready), and if you can go get a guy with his pedigree in exchange for that pitcher, you do it.

Now Taylor is looking for a legit major league shot, and the Sox don't have a need in 2015 for him. I'm sure they probably offered him AAA again, but he's going to look for a better opportunity.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
Sanchez' numbers were good. But he was 2+ years old for his level, and the few scouting reports we got indicated there wasn't a ton there to work with. He's not a bad guy to have in the system - for every 20 like him, maybe 5 make it to the higher minors levels and succeed there, and maybe one might briefly see the majors.

But at the time the Sox needed another MLB-caliber OF in the wings (as guys like Thompson, Mitchell, etc. clearly aren't ready), and if you can go get a guy with his pedigree in exchange for that pitcher, you do it.

Now Taylor is looking for a legit major league shot, and the Sox don't have a need in 2015 for him. I'm sure they probably offered him AAA again, but he's going to look for a better opportunity.

a real nice analysis