Nori Aoki

GGajewski18

If they add a big bat at DH it wouldn't be the worst addition. He hits lefties better than righties so hitting him back to back with Eaton wouldn't be a bad idea. He only grounded into 5 DPs, he sees a lot of pitches, takes walks, doesn't strikeout a lot, so he's got the makings of a pretty good #2 hitter in front of Abreu and said big bat Dh.

He's a platooner who shouldn't get much money. These guys are undervalued, and we need an undervalued lefty bat that can take time away from Viciedo.

I'd love to have him, to be honest, so long as getting him doesn't preclude Hahn from continuing to look for bigger fish on the trading market.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)
He's a platooner who shouldn't get much money. These guys are undervalued, and we need an undervalued lefty bat that can take time away from Viciedo.

I'd love to have him, to be honest, so long as getting him doesn't preclude Hahn from continuing to look for bigger fish on the trading market.

Viciedo being on this roster in the first place is a mistake.

Aoki has pretty much only played right field in his 3 years in ML. So he wouldn't be a great 4th outfielder. Now maybe Hahn wants Avi to play left and Aoki to play right. That could still leave Danks as the 4th outfielder and Viciedo sent packing

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 02:16 PM)
Aoki has pretty much only played right field in his 3 years in ML. So he wouldn't be a great 4th outfielder. Now maybe Hahn wants Avi to play left and Aoki to play right. That could still leave Danks as the 4th outfielder and Viciedo sent packing

That's still an incredibly weak sounding OF. That sounds like practically throwing in the towel to start the season if that's the OF.

Honestly, he would fine for a platoon as long as we get another big time hitter in the DH role. He's a type of player though that needs to be spelled against LH. Whether that means keeping Viciedo to platoon with him or sign a guy like Gomes, I'm not sure. Rick will figure it out.

QUOTE (professa @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 03:48 PM)
Honestly, he would fine for a platoon as long as we get another big time hitter in the DH role. He's a type of player though that needs to be spelled against LH. Whether that means keeping Viciedo to platoon with him or sign a guy like Gomes, I'm not sure. Rick will figure it out.

Nori actually has some reverse splits working for him, he's actually been a beast against LHP. He could use a platoon partner vs RHP.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 08:04 PM)
Viciedo being on this roster in the first place is a mistake.

all too true, plus he has a couple more of arb yrs left.

his salary really doesn't hurt for someone who can

hit 20+ hrs a yr.

question, is he more than likely a dh kind of a player?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)
Nori actually has some reverse splits working for him, he's actually been a beast against LHP. He could use a platoon partner vs RHP.

Whoa thanks for pointing that out. Then we actually do not want him anywhere near Robin Ventura, as Aoki is destined to get misused.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 08:55 PM)
He definitely is Mr. Slappy. He's not a great fielder. I don't think he's the answer. His average went up about 20 points when he went 11 for 12 versus the Sox.

I'd pass.

I was, for a few weeks, like the idea of him in the outfield. then I was really

thinking of whether or not he can play part time. I want a player like him

in case Eaton gets hurt.

in the end, he was carrying a lower avg in the situation I saw, to say pass.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 03:06 PM)
I was, for a few weeks, like the idea of him in the outfield. then I was really

thinking of whether or not he can play part time. I want a player like him

in case Eaton gets hurt.

in the end, he was carrying a lower avg in the situation I saw, to say pass.

I'd be much more thrilled with a backup who could actually play CF if Eaton got hurt. But then I also just remembered that if we're going to have a backup to Eaton, Robin will hit him leadoff no matter how weak his bat is, so maybe it is important to give Robin some sort of a short slappy hitter for days when Eaton is out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 09:15 PM)
I'd be much more thrilled with a backup who could actually play CF if Eaton got hurt. But then I also just remembered that if we're going to have a backup to Eaton, Robin will hit him leadoff no matter how weak his bat is, so maybe it is important to give Robin some sort of a short slappy hitter for days when Eaton is out.

that sounds like a reason for Rasmus.

don't get me wrong, I just don't like him and with his father.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 11:51 PM)
I don't know if Rasmus profiles well as a backup OF. Seems like his attitude wouldn't take that very well.

yeah I agree.... I made the mistake of not writing my whole thoughts.

I think this sounds as Rasmus as a pickup for a starting corner. if, and I

hope I am wrong, Eaton gets hurt, he can shift to cf.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)

The problem is that all of the good left handed starters in the League are on the White Sox.

No wonder he put up such huge numbers against us.

He is the kind of offensive player, for whom I would personally settle, if he played great defense in RF, and his offensive splits were better vs. RHP. However, settling for a player who fit that description would be contingent upon getting the big LH bat to DH.