White Sox claim Shuck, activate Nate Jones

southsider2k5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New 4th OF? Sierra and Taylor gone, want some competition for Danks I guess. Both LHB OFs, but Shuck is high contact and OBP with low power, kind of the opposite of Danks. Stats put him as an average-ish defender on the corners, has barely played CF in the majors.

Unless they think he can handle CF pretty well defensively, I'm not sure I get this move.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 02:26 PM)
New 4th OF? Sierra and Taylor gone, want some competition for Danks I guess. Both LHB OFs, but Shuck is high contact and OBP with low power, kind of the opposite of Danks. Stats put him as an average-ish defender on the corners, has barely played CF in the majors.

Unless they think he can handle CF pretty well defensively, I'm not sure I get this move.

Defensive metrics absolutely loved him last season in the corner OF spots, but you're right, we don't have much info on his CF defense. He seems like a nice 4th OF to have though.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 04:09 PM)
I've met this guy so it's not entirely random. I know he has season tickets in the second row in LF.

Matt Adams

‏@2015WhiteSox The guy that I saw flick off fans in the US Cellular OF. Neat. RT @ESPNChiSox: White Sox claim OF J.B. Shuck off waivers from Indians.

I'd take that with a grain of salt. Who knows what an idiot fan said to earn that.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 05:24 PM)
He looked like he might profile as an Adam Eaton type, when I first started looking into his career. You know, high pitch count, good OBP, good speed and defense.

Then I read this:

http://monkeywithahalo.com/2013-articles/j...hink-he-is.html

That wasn't very reassuring, at all.

That was slightly bitter.